It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:22 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Rescue on the North Face of San Jacinto

https://www.facebook.com/Mt-San-Jacinto ... 248490815/ -- 2 Climbers rescued by RMRU --(Facebook)
Please use extreme caution while in the mountains.
RMRU and STAR-9 conducted a rescue today of 2 subjects on the north face of San Jacinto mountain. The extreme heat has been setting off avalanches from the large storm last week. The subjects got caught in one and called for a rescue. This is video of one of the avalanches from ...
Read more : Rescue on the North Face of San Jacinto | Views : 2823 | Replies : 3

Rock Creek Lake to the JMT

Can anyone give me any info on the pack trail from Rock Creek Lake to the JMT? It appears that it's about 14 miles and the elevation gain is minimal. But on another site someone said that's at least a two day hike. Seems like it would be a fairly easy 1 day. Beta anyone? I have only 7 days and I think getting to the JMT and then to Tuolumne, this would be logical. ...
Read more : Rock Creek Lake to the JMT | Views : 6189 | Replies : 7

Mount Baldy/San Antonio

Can anyone offer climbing/gear/route suggestions for an early March climb of this peak?
Read more : Mount Baldy/San Antonio | Views : 3389 | Replies : 3

Coastal Crest Snow Patrol

Finally got all my photos organized on SmugMug. Went through all 8000 photos I downloaded from Flickr.
I have put up Galleries of Collections of some of my favorite pics from over the years.
I put together some Collections of Shasta and a few epic trips to Crater Lake.
I also put together Galleries of Anthony Peak and Hull Mt. - had to include some of the locals in that one...

The rest of the ...
Read more : Coastal Crest Snow Patrol | Views : 2053 | Replies : 0

Mt Langley

Hello, anyone planning to summit Mt Langley this week of Nov. 1st, 2019?
I see the weather is unseasonably warm but not sure whether this area is impacted by the current fires raging in CA.
Read more : Mt Langley | Views : 2686 | Replies : 1

Telescope Peak, Death Valley, California

I last climbed Telescope Peak on January 2, 1981. I came to a trailhead on the northwest side of the peak which I had approached from the west on a road out of Lone Pine, California. The access that is listed now is only from the east from within the national park. Has the western access been shuttered?
Read more : Telescope Peak, Death Valley, California | Views : 3639 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394