It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

New Site For Denali Climbers

Howdy SummitPosters!

I'm Todd Rutledge, co-owner and Director of Mountain Trip, a mountain guiding service that, among other things, has helped climbers in the Alaska Range and on Denali for many decades. We recently launched a new website that is an attempt to help prepare climbers for an attempt on North America's tallest peak. It is hopefully NOT an overt sales tool, but... if you're considering a guide we do know people!

https://summitdenali.com/

My goal ...
Read more : New Site For Denali Climbers | Views : 4526 | Replies : 1

Alaska : A Roundup of Expeditions

Alaska - A Roundup of Expeditions

https://explorersweb.com/2021/05/25/ala ... peditions/ -- Alaska : A Roundup of Expeditions .

https://gripped.com/news/b-c-climber-se ... nali-fall/
Read more : Alaska : A Roundup of Expeditions | Views : 3168 | Replies : 0

Expedition to Ama Dablam | Denali | Gasherbrum II | Jun 2020

Hi. Looking for solid partners to lead or join a climbing expedition to either Ama Dablam, Denali or Gasherbrum 2 in June. Open to other suggestions as well. Please email me directly at AscanioPignatelli ATgmail.com for more info or to discuss. Thank you. Ascanio
Read more : Expedition to Ama Dablam | Denali | Gasherbrum II | Jun 2020 | Views : 5266 | Replies : 0

Matchlee Mt. "New Access"

Just wanted to let people know that there is new road access to base of Matchlee Mountain which is located near the town of Gold River BC, Canada. The old route is still useable and re flagged but not suggested.
Read more : Matchlee Mt. "New Access" | Views : 3136 | Replies : 0

Best of Canadian Rockies

Could someone please recommend the best two day hikes in each of the following national parks: Banff, Japer, Glacier, Yoho, Kootenai. I am especially undecided about Glacier.
I am planning to spend one day in each, and these are my ideas so far.
Banff: Mt. Eiffel/Sentinel Pass; Beehives/Devil's Thumb
Japer: Mt. Edith Cavell trail; Maligne Canyon; Sulphur Skyline/Indian Peak via Japer Sky Tram
Glacier: Hermit Trail/Balu Pass; Abbott Ridge/Glacier Crest/Avalanche Crest
Yoho: Alpine Circuit
Read more : Best of Canadian Rockies | Views : 2632 | Replies : 0

Climb Denali 2019

Am looking for partner(s) to climb Denlia in 2019.
Climbing 7 summits.
Have done Kili, Elbrus and Acon.
20 plus yrs climbing exp.
If interested please e-mail me at dfklicker@gmail.com.
Regards,
Dirk K
Read more : Climb Denali 2019 | Views : 3710 | Replies : 0

Southern Ontario

Anything to climb in the area? I know there's the stairs up Hamilton "mountain", but that's nothing. I'm wondering if there's any actual climbing of any sort.
Read more : Southern Ontario | Views : 3892 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369