It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 am

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

BANNF National park for the first time

Hi, in mid September was looking to go to BANNF for the first time, and was looking for some suggestions. Only have about 4.5 days. Would like to know some of the must do's along with a smaller short overnight trip in the backcountry.
Read more : BANNF National park for the first time | Views : 5679 | Replies : 2

Critique my Canadian Rockies Itinerary

Heading up to Banff and Jasper for about 10 days in late August. Going solo. Here is the list of climbs I am planning. My primary resource has been Scrambles in Canadian Rockies Guidebook

Mt. Lady McDonald
Mt. Wilcox
Mt. Willington (overnight)
Mt. Edith
Mt. Temple
Mt. Sarbach
Read more : Critique my Canadian Rockies Itinerary | Views : 6257 | Replies : 6

Northeast ridge of Smuts?

Has anyone tried or climbed the northeast ridge of Mount Smuts (the one rising from Smuts-Fist col)? Dow's page on the south ridge says not to descend it, but it sure looked climbable when viewed from the Fist and Tent Ridge. It would also make linking the Fist and Smuts a whole lot more direct and pleasant.
Read more : Northeast ridge of Smuts? | Views : 4070 | Replies : 1

Exploring Boots (context: Denali's Cassin Ridge)

So, as many of you know, finding a boot for high altitude mountaineering that involves mixed climbing is a bit of a royal pain in the rear. At least that has been my experience. And in all of my initial research and after trying on Spatniks, G2 SM, and others, I was pondering why not an AT ski boot?
There's the Atomic Backlands, the Dynafit TLT's...

What is driving my exploration of this question is ...
Read more : Exploring Boots (context: Denali's Cassin Ridge) | Views : 7556 | Replies : 5

Lotus flower tower

Lotus Flower Tower: If anyone is free 28 July to 12 August and has a Cirque of the Unclimbables trip on their wish list, my partner and I have a float plane booked from Finlayson Lakes to Glacier Lake with Kluane Airways For those dates. At present the plane has capacity for 2 more people to share costs if another team was interested.
Read more : Lotus flower tower | Views : 3512 | Replies : 0

Heads up: new Canadian Rockies peakbagging guidebook

A Peakbagger's Guide to the Canadian Rockies: North
by Ben Nearingburg
by Eric Coulthard
Release Date: 09/05/2017
ISBN 9781771601986
5 x 7 inches
288 pages
paperback
$35.00 (CAD)

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/edmo ... -1.4169368

http://www.rmbooks.com/book_details.php ... 1771601986
Read more : Heads up: new Canadian Rockies peakbagging guidebook | Views : 4305 | Replies : 1

Canadian Rockies conditions & best time to climb

Hola,

hoping to soon finalize travel plans to the Great White North for a soon upcoming climbing trip (yay!!). While I'm familiar with the area (actually went there last year), if anyone could give what conditions are (shaping up to be) or best time(s) to climb, I would be greatly appreciative, especially for mountains/routes given (prospective wish list):

* Mt. Temple- E. ridge

* Mt. Alberta- Japanese route

* Mt. Robson- Wishbone Arete

Any tips, ...
Read more : Canadian Rockies conditions & best time to climb | Views : 4880 | Replies : 2

Recommendations for Denali NP Trip?

Hi all,

Headed to Denali NP early Sept. 2017. Driving up from Anchorage and have about 6 non-driving days.

Looking for recommendations for:

Non-technical peaks close-ish to the road (backpacking is fine, but clearly don't have a ton of days...)
rock climbing either in Denali NP similarly close to the road or on the way from Anchorage.

having some trouble finding info on my own- appreciate any tips!

Thanks!
Read more : Recommendations for Denali NP Trip? | Views : 5097 | Replies : 2

Denali - Climbing options - Cost

I am looking for few options to explore.

- Which Guide company charge the lowest for a - Denali West Buttress Climb.
- Which company charge lowest for - Denali Prep Course?
- Is there a web link where all Denali Guide Companies are listed?

Thanks
Tapas
Read more : Denali - Climbing options - Cost | Views : 11408 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394