It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:55 am

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Bryant ridge?

Hey! Is this area: Bryant Ridge still accessible in Algonquin park. I haven't heard it before anywhere else. We are planning a Algonquin park trip for May and was looking for good hiking opportunities. Found these 3:
Eastern Pines Backpacking Trail
Highland Backpacking Trail
Western Uplands Backpacking Trail
in their website and found about Bryant ridge climbing here. I would like to know experience of people who have actually visited the place. We will be ...
Read more : Bryant ridge? | Views : 3778 | Replies : 0

OVERBOOTS ON DENALI

Hello friends,
Quick question...
I am planning to climb Denali this June, I have a pair of LS Spantik.
Should i buy some overboots? Are there any that fit with Leverwire binding crampons?
I own a pair of Petzl Charlet vasak crampons.
Thank you for your input.
Cheers,
Yuval
Read more : OVERBOOTS ON DENALI | Views : 9808 | Replies : 4

Vancouver BC Suggestions

Hi all,

My partner and I will be going to Vancouver BC for the first time this summer, looking to have a couple days in the city and then maybe 3 days backpacking. We're looking for good climbs in the area that can be done in maybe 2 days that involve some good views and preferably no glacier travel (since we don't want to bring a rope). We have experience in steep snow, but would ...
Read more : Vancouver BC Suggestions | Views : 5131 | Replies : 3

Looking for information on Valhalla Provincial Park!

Hello! I am planning a trip into the park in late April and am in need of some advice from someone with experience in the area. Thanks!
Read more : Looking for information on Valhalla Provincial Park! | Views : 3950 | Replies : 0

Banff/Jasper/Lake Louis?

I am planning to take a trip up into this area this summer, mid to late August. A couple of questions:

Recommended climbing and/or hiking guidebook.

I will be travelling solo. What is a recommended mountaineering peak that does not have any substantial glacier travel and sustained climbing above 4th class. Basically a reasonable solo.

A recommended peak for a guided trip, with climbing difficulty no greater than 5.6, AI3. Also recommended guide service to ...
Read more : Banff/Jasper/Lake Louis? | Views : 7829 | Replies : 6

Training Peaks for Denali

Hello,
So I'd like to climb Denali in 2018 and am looking for recommendations on good training peaks to climb in 2017.

A few climbs I've done:
Rainier 2016 - Kautz Route
Rainier 2014 - Emmons (no summit)
20+ Colorado 14er
Snow Couloirs in colorado every season
regular Ice climbing up to WI4
regular Rock climbing up to 5.10

I'm just looking for similar peaks to climb to get ready, I have a tentative plan ...
Read more : Training Peaks for Denali | Views : 14409 | Replies : 14

Canadian Rockies Backpacking Suggestions (from Calgary)

Hi,

This will be my first time to the Canadian Rockies. I'm thinking of doing a 3day-2night and a 6day-5night trip. Currently, I'm thinking of doing Berg Lake-Snowbird Pass for the shorter one and Rockwall Trail for the bigger trip.

Seems like there was a big snowfall this past weekend that might make some of these options inaccessible. Do you have any suggestions that might be better? Skyline? Iceline? The only constraint is that my ...
Read more : Canadian Rockies Backpacking Suggestions (from Calgary) | Views : 4572 | Replies : 1

denali weather forecaster

I've seen several blogs/posts by climbing teams on Denali that hire this real smart weather guy from, I think Colorado. You arrange communication with him before your trip, and then on the mountain, he gets real accurate projections for the best weather window, etc. I can't seem to find the blog/post that mentions his name. I'm putting a Team together for June, 2017, and need his beta. Does anybody know this guy or, know who ...
Read more : denali weather forecaster | Views : 5826 | Replies : 3

Mt Fairweather (Alaska/BC)

Hey folks: does anyone have any info on climbing Mt Fairweather, a 15k mountain in the Alaska range on the Alaska/BC border?
Read more : Mt Fairweather (Alaska/BC) | Views : 7163 | Replies : 2

Alaska Range - Mountaineering Partner - Spring/Summer 2017

I am looking for few people to team up with for - Alaska Range Exploration.

My Basic Plan is to - setup a Base Camp in Kahiltna Glacier and do - Day climbing as much as we can to the nearby Peaks.

Need suggestions from - Whoever interested and we can lay out the final Plan.

There are plenty of Peaks in the area with Lots of Glaciers and different terrains to get true mountaineering ...
Read more : Alaska Range - Mountaineering Partner - Spring/Summer 2017 | Views : 6606 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369