It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Ride to Waddington?

Is anyone going to the Waddington Range this July with extra space in their helicopter or plane? I'm not looking for climbing partners, just a ride for either myself (200-225 lbs. with gear) or supplies (30-50 lbs.) to and possibly from somewhere near (preferably) Rainy Knob or Dumbbell Lake. Any time between about July 7 and the end of the month will work. I'll pay my share by weight or by person, and can meet ...
Read more : Ride to Waddington? | Views : 4613 | Replies : 0

Mtn Pass near Denali

I am 71 and interested in walking to a mtn pass in the Denali Range. I would love a suggestion that is about a day’s walk to the pass….a day to enjoy the pass by walking where our interests pull us and then hiking back the following day.

I will be hiking with my son who is 45 or so and in good shape (iron man etc). We are both experienced hikers but not mountain ...
Read more : Mtn Pass near Denali | Views : 6255 | Replies : 4

Denali May/June 2016

Anyone interested in climbing Denali this year let me know. We're looking for one maybe two more members for our group. Got to decide soon running out of time to register.
West Buttress or Cassin Ridge. I'd be happy with either it'll all depend on the abilities of the group we get together.
Here is a list of my experience:

Mt. Shasta (4 ascents)
Mt Whitney (Mountaineers Rout 2 ascents one solo)
Kilimanjaro(Marangu Rout)
Borah ...
Read more : Denali May/June 2016 | Views : 5739 | Replies : 1

Can you believe this s**** ?

What's going on with them dog races, eh ??? (That's OK, guess the Mounties got 'em.) --- :roll:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/12/470208521/snowmobiler-kills-dog-competing-in-iditarod-attack-apparently-intentional

Read more : Can you believe this s**** ? | Views : 5440 | Replies : 2

Need ice climbing partner March 14-19, 2016, Lake Louise

Looking for an ice climbing partner for a day or two during the week of March 14-19, 2016. We are staying in Lake Louise area. Interested in grade IV and grade V ice climbs. I can do the leading if you need. Would love to do Polar Circus. Contact: Brian Smoot 1-801-413-9334 (c) or 1-801-277-3063 (h). BVSmoot@aol.com.
Read more : Need ice climbing partner March 14-19, 2016, Lake Louise | Views : 4679 | Replies : 0

Denali training suggestions

I live at 400 feet elevation and the highest hill I can easily go up gets to about 900 feet. I've got a heavy backpack and something I can use as a sled. I obviously can't imitate the weather or elevation conditions, but maybe I can train hard enough to get myself to withstand those conditions. Probably put up to 80 lbs in my pack and 100 in the cart to make up the difference. ...
Read more : Denali training suggestions | Views : 9766 | Replies : 6

smokers

Is it possible for a cigarette smoker to climb Denali? I honestly think that there's nobody better than me at 'mind over matter', but that means nothing when it comes to safety.
Read more : smokers | Views : 11464 | Replies : 13

Suggestions for climbing areas

I'm planning a trip to Canada later this year and looking for some suggestions of places to climb and even some routes.
I'm mostly looking at mountaineering and alpine climbing, but also rock climbing. I haven't been to Canada before and looking for some tips on places I should research further.
Read more : Suggestions for climbing areas | Views : 5823 | Replies : 2

Denali - Cassin Approach

Planning on climbing the cassin mid-may this year. Does anyone have any beta on how feasible it is to downclimb the west rib from 14k into the north fork instead of slogging up the valley of death?
I'm trying to minimize my glacier travel time.

Thanks.
Read more : Denali - Cassin Approach | Views : 9208 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367