It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Outdoor Research Virtuoso Down Jacket

Anyone own this? It was suggested to me, and just wondering what your take on it is. Thanks in advance.
Read more : Outdoor Research Virtuoso Down Jacket | Views : 927 | Replies : 0

FS: Brand NEW climbing gear [Lowered Prices]

Ok guys,

I have for you, with pictures avaliable upon request

2 Brand NEW with tags

Patzl Tibloc ascenders, $20 each plus shipping, MSRP: 29.99

and

2 Brand NEW with tags

Petzl ATTACHE 3D screwlock carabiners, lime green.
$15 each plus shipping, MSRP 19.95 OR both for $27 + shipping!

PM or email mullenj@bishopsstudent.org

Thanks!
Read more : FS: Brand NEW climbing gear [Lowered Prices] | Views : 1445 | Replies : 2

FS: New Kayland Women's Apex Trek (US 7, UK 4.5)

Bought a pair of 2007 Kayland Apex Treks (US women's size 7) at Boulder Mountaineering a few years back. Great balance between ruggedness and weight, but unfortunately they're a tiny bit too small for me. Worn only indoors.

Original retail $264 (current best US online price: $147).
My price: $115 including shipping

Email me if interested. Thanks

Features:
Lining: eVent®
Last: A5 Womens
Sole: Vibram® Tsavo
Midsole: Shock absorber microporous + E.C.T. ...
Read more : FS: New Kayland Women's Apex Trek (US 7, UK 4.5) | Views : 1839 | Replies : 0

FS: 4EA LARGE CAMS

SOLD!!!
Read more : FS: 4EA LARGE CAMS | Views : 690 | Replies : 0

FS: WALL/AID GEAR

SOLD!
Read more : FS: WALL/AID GEAR | Views : 1159 | Replies : 0

First time advice buying Mountaineering equipment

So, first of all, thanks for clicking in!

I'm a day hiker that wants to move into mountaineering. This coming summer (July-August) I'm looking to climb some prominent alpine peaks the most notable of which is Mont Blanc. Even though I've been big into hiking, none of the equipment I have really lends itself well to mountaineering, therefore I was hoping to get some help from you all in making some good gear decisions. The ...
Read more : First time advice buying Mountaineering equipment | Views : 23724 | Replies : 57

Warmest SoftShell Pants

I was quite impressed with the Patagonia Speed Ascents when I did try them on, I passed on them as the store at the time only had mediums or x-larges and the Large would have fit me perfectly - Now the store's sold out and not getting any more.

So, I was trying to find Speed Ascents that can ship to Canada but overall, was just wondering if there's others out there with comparable warmth. ...
Read more : Warmest SoftShell Pants | Views : 3020 | Replies : 4

FS: Size 12 Scarpa Invernos - Plastic

They have been used but not abused. Pics upon request. 100$ or best offer. Will ship if you pay shipping.
Read more : FS: Size 12 Scarpa Invernos - Plastic | Views : 963 | Replies : 1

Big Agnes String Ridge 2

Has anyone had any experience with this tent? I'm in the market for a new 4-season tent...and its up against the MH EV2...weight is of utmost importance and they are neck and neck...

Thanks!
Read more : Big Agnes String Ridge 2 | Views : 1311 | Replies : 1

Video Cameras

I'm looking for a video camera but with all the choices out there I'm having trouble choosing. Anybody have experience with good video cameras? Doesn't necessarily have to be HD but there seems to be a lot of lower priced HD cameras for around $500 and if the video quality is that much better then that seems to be the way to go. Thanks for the help!
Read more : Video Cameras | Views : 2692 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398