It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

FOR SALE: Arc'Teryx Khamsin 70 pack (tall, blue) $175 OBO

I have an Arc'Teryx Khamsin 70 pack (size tall) for sale. I've only used it on one trip. It shows a few scratches from traveling as checked luggage on a plane but otherwise is brand new. Its a great pack and is just doesnt fit my body well. Retails for $350. I'm selling it for $175 OBO. Here is the link to Arc'Teryx's site and information about the back: http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?Mens/Khamsin-70 ...
Read more : FOR SALE: Arc'Teryx Khamsin 70 pack (tall, blue) $175 OBO | Views : 1911 | Replies : 0

newbie rope question

Is it reasonable to use the same rope for rock(TR, sport) as well as for snow(glacier) and ice (TR)? Or is it more common to have a rope for each? I was thinking about a first rope, and thought it would be nice to get one that could work for everything in a decent manner, ie-mid 9mm, dry treated...thoughts?
Read more : newbie rope question | Views : 1610 | Replies : 3

Re: 2 Person, 4 Season Tent...and I'm 6'4"

pagoda wrote:I'm looking for a bombproof 2 person, 4 season tent that's been proven in harsh cold weather high altitude (Andes) conditions. I'm 6'4", 180 lbs. I've read a lot of good reviews on TNF Mountain 25, but the footprint looks like it may be a tight fit for someone tall. Any experience or recommendations??

Thanks!

Hi, yeah, I'm interested in the same, but I'm not so tall. There are a couple of threads you might ...
Read more : Re: 2 Person, 4 Season Tent...and I'm 6'4" | Views : 4607 | Replies : 9

Alpinist 11

Alpinist 11 is the last one I need to complete my collection (and 28 soon of course)

Is anyone willing to part with their copy and post to the UK?

Let me know. Cheers.
Read more : Alpinist 11 | Views : 1164 | Replies : 0

Socal - possible mountaineering boot trade?

Might be a long shot but maybe worth the 1 minute post.

I have a pair of La Sportiva Trango s evo gtx boots (the orange ones). I wore them 3 to 4 times on short hikes to see if I can break them in but they just don't fit my feet right. I may end up just selling them but would also be interested in a possible trade if you're local.

Maybe you bought ...
Read more : Socal - possible mountaineering boot trade? | Views : 1363 | Replies : 0

Screamer's life

If you have Yates screamers bought new in 1999, used only a few times, never fallen on, stored in plastic gear bin in stable temp for many years, still look and feel new, would you still use them for ice climbing now? Or personally would you retire them?
Read more : Screamer's life | Views : 2597 | Replies : 7

For Sale: Arc' teryx Gamma MX Pant (L)

Arc' teryx Gamma MX (Black, large) in virtually perfect condition; worn 4 times. No visible wear. Specs. here: http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/ARCTERYX/idesc/Gamma+MX+Pants+-+Men%27s/Store/MG/item/204471/N/4294967265
Awsome alpine, ice, and ski pant.

$125 shipped to lower 48
Read more : For Sale: Arc' teryx Gamma MX Pant (L) | Views : 1797 | Replies : 1

All-around ice gear?

I enjoy ice climbing, and will be going quite a few times a year. But, I'm not very hardcore and mostly do local, easy stuff. Also, I'm doing Mt. Washington in January and Rainier (Emmons Glacier) in June, and I'm sure I'll be doing lots more NE winter stuff in the Adirondacks and Catskills.

So, given my modest ambitions, is it possible to buy crampons and ice tools that will serve me well everywhere? I ...
Read more : All-around ice gear? | Views : 11856 | Replies : 21

AT Set-up for Newbie

Here we go again! Every year I am aching to get AT skis...and every year it never happens. THIS year will be different.

From the ladies out there, which boots and bindings are you happy with? My playground will be mainly Eastern Sierra, I am 65" tall and a fairly decent skier. I have googled until I am blind on sales and demos but I am confused about boots soles and compatible bindings.
HELP! ...
Read more : AT Set-up for Newbie | Views : 19683 | Replies : 71

Alien inventor, dies

That is the end of the Alien for sure.

RIP bro.

See ya in the next dimension.
Read more : Alien inventor, dies | Views : 1194 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398