It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

La Sportiva Baruntse

Does anyone have experience with the best crampons for La Sportiva Baruntse boots?
Read more : La Sportiva Baruntse | Views : 3598 | Replies : 1

PMI 183 Meter Climbing Rope

What’s up everyone,

I’ve got a 183 Meter 11 MM Climbing Rope for sale. it’s not new so it’ll be much cheaper than getting s rope from PMI themselves. This rope is considered the “Gold Standard” of ropes from them so it will defintely be the steal of your climbing career. Let me know if you’re interested. If no buyers want all 183, I am willing to cut it into shorter pieces as well.
Read more : PMI 183 Meter Climbing Rope | Views : 2487 | Replies : 0

What are the benefits of climbing pants? A little guide!

Hey guys, I wrote a little guide about climbing pants.
Would love feedback and hope it's helpful!

https://mountainknowhow.com/what-are-the-benefits-of-climbing-pants/
Read more : What are the benefits of climbing pants? A little guide! | Views : 3523 | Replies : 0

Gear for Mt Baker in late June

I’m headed to Mt Baker in late June and I have no idea how the weather is like at that time of year. What are some suggestions on a good insulated jacket? I’m leaning towards synthetic instead of down due to being the PNW. Something I can wear as my outer layer or right under a shell. Also, I get cold fast so I don’t want to overkill it but I don’t want to suffer ...
Read more : Gear for Mt Baker in late June | Views : 4398 | Replies : 2

CRISPI BRAND MOUNTAINEERING SHOES CRISPI BRAND MOUNTAINEERING SHOES

Has anyone used or tried these shoes?

I bought a pair from Miles Munger (in Oregon) in May 2018 and he told me that he will issue a refund if they did not fit right. I also bought another brand of gortex shoes from REI to try and they fit better. I mailed the Crispi shoes back to Miles, the CEO of Master trekking poles/crispi USA, who went on to ignore me as well as ...
Read more : CRISPI BRAND MOUNTAINEERING SHOES | Views : 2942 | Replies : 1

Any advantage to Half Liter (.5L) bottles?

Earlier I posted up and then promptly deleted a post regarding two water bottle insulators that I thought were too small. Upon closer inspection, the tiny tag deep in the insulators show they're designed for HALF LITER bottles. I feel like such a fool.

But here are my questions now:
1. Are half liter bottles commonly used?
2. Is there any advantage/disadvantages to them?
3. Do hunersdorf bottles come in half liter? I'm thinking of ...
Read more : Any advantage to Half Liter (.5L) bottles? | Views : 5806 | Replies : 4

Your Choise for Best Backpack in Three Categories

Several individuals have asked about which pack to buy for given purposes.
Lets make a quick canvas of Summit viewers picks for "best" backpacks. :?: I
broke backpacks in to three categories. 1. Weekend to seven days 2.
Extended to Expedition 3. Technical (Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Extreme
Skiing) . Consider these factors: Features, Quality, Comfort, Cost, Versatility, Wear Longevity, Company Tech Support. Feel free to add ...
Read more : Your Choise for Best Backpack in Three Categories | Views : 5729 | Replies : 6

Topographic maps!

Does anyone know a place I can order or buy (in San Diego) topographic maps of all of the California 14ers? Looking for as detailed as possible and would like hard copies as to take on summit attempts with me.
Read more : Topographic maps! | Views : 4243 | Replies : 2

brightness standard headlamps

I have been buying Petzl Tikka headlamps for years, but lately have noticed that even my old iPhone 6 flashlight is brighter and shines further than the headlamp. What is the new standard for brightness for climbing headlamps?
Read more : brightness standard headlamps | Views : 3208 | Replies : 1

Ski-pole on wood

I'm going up-and-down a staircase to train, but the staircase is wood. I don't want to (and can't afford to) replace it. Is there something I can put on them to keep from destroying my staircase?
This might should be in "technique and training".
Read more : Ski-pole on wood | Views : 2903 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557888 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136291