It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm

News News of News

Site map of News » Forum : News

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.

British mountaineer Ted Atkins has died

Ted Atkins, a British mountaineer, entrepreneur has died on Tuesday while descending Civetta in the Dolomites.

British mountaineer Ted Atkins has died
Read more : British mountaineer Ted Atkins has died | Views : 3452 | Replies : 0

Latok 1 - 1 Fatality and 1 Trapped at 6200 Meters

https://www.planetmountain.com/en/news/ ... eters.html --Latok 1 : SergeyGlazunovperishes. AlexanderGhukovtrappedat6200 meters

https://blogs.dw.com/adventuresports/dr ... -pakistan/ -- Drama on the 7000er Latok 1

================================================================================================
Latok I. According to GPS signal received yesterday at 12:40pm Alexander Gukov and Sergey Glazunov were at 6975m. This is their second attempt to complete Kenne...
See More
Latok I. According to GPS signal received yesterday at 12:40pm Alexander Gukov and Sergey Glazunov were at ...
Read more : Latok 1 - 1 Fatality and 1 Trapped at 6200 Meters | Views : 3625 | Replies : 1

31 climbers stand atop K2 in a single day

The world’s second highest mountain has witnessed a record crowd of climbers standing on its summit in a single day after at least 31 climbers successfully climbed Mt K2 (8,611 m) this morning.

The Himalayan Times
Read more : 31 climbers stand atop K2 in a single day | Views : 3679 | Replies : 1

RIP Charles Cole III

Charles Cole, the inventor of Stealth Rubber and founder of 5.10 company, died Saturday at age 63. He was not only incredible inventor but also a leading climber of his day with many first ascents in Joshua Tree, Tahquitz Rock and Yosemite. I had an opportunity to sample climbing before his rubber compound hit the climbing world and the difference was incredible. The Stealth rubber created one of the fundamental changes in our sport in ...
Read more : RIP Charles Cole III | Views : 3371 | Replies : 1

Free Mount Si trail race set for Sunday, April 22 near Nort

NORTH BEND, Wash. – The fourth annual Si of Relief Climb for Time is set for Sunday, April 22 on Mount Si just outside of North Bend, Wash. and race organizers want you to get "Si"ched!

The four-mile, 3,000 vertical-foot sprint-climb of the popular Cascade foothills hiking trail, some 30 miles east of Seattle, is billed as Washington state's most challenging sprint climb. The race gets underway at 9:30 a.m. and takes climbers to the ...
Read more : Free Mount Si trail race set for Sunday, April 22 near Nort | Views : 4968 | Replies : 5

Swiss Alps avalanche leaves 3 dead... Swiss Alps avalanche leaves 3 dead...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... 374de7f448.

One of the dead was a college mate of an old friend of mine :cry:
Read more : Swiss Alps avalanche leaves 3 dead... | Views : 4404 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369