It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Longs Peak hike with an 8yr old advise

Hello everyone, I'm planning to hike Keyhole Route on Longs Peak, next year at the end of July/Aug with my 8yr old son. and I would like to hear opinions how to improve my planning and safety. The plan is to have at least another experienced hicker/climber, hike to boulder field, overnight and acclimatize and get early start(3-30am-4am). After summit we'll either pack up and go all the way down or spend the second night ...
Read more : Longs Peak hike with an 8yr old advise | Views : 4934 | Replies : 6

VAIL - BIG HORN TRAILHEAD PARKING DAY USE ONLY

Hi anyone knows since when parking at Big Horn Trailhead is for day use only - no overnight parking allowed anymore ?
what is the situation at Pitkin , Booth Lake and Gore Creek Trailhead - the same ? that would shut me out of any overnight trips from this side of the gore range
Read more : VAIL - BIG HORN TRAILHEAD PARKING DAY USE ONLY | Views : 3635 | Replies : 4

Mt. Morrison trailhead and trail

JeffCo and Denver Mtn Parks are trying to figure out what amenities and things to fix and improve at the Mt. Morrison "south ridge" trail and trailhead.

Please see the below the Mt. Morrison survey from Open Space. PLEASE complete the survey and share with as many people as you can.

Please share far and wide. The more responses they receive, of course, the more informed they’ll be.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/baa51e1e7fdc4bdd96f97c8b0588a46c?fbclid=IwAR3lb3dir4kYgfqqMOBDgRSWGDms0hw0UST3elkj45moMm-WENpojhsnHf0
Read more : Mt. Morrison trailhead and trail | Views : 2120 | Replies : 0

Mt. Harvard & Columbia

Hey looking for someone that knows the conditions of Mt. Harvard and Columbia. Looking to do the traverse next week. I see avy conditions are a 2, but historically these mountains are pretty safe for climbing. I'm in the Springs area.

Cheers!
Read more : Mt. Harvard & Columbia | Views : 2643 | Replies : 0

Holy Cross Wilderness: West Cross Creek to Upper East Lake C

I am planning a 6-day summer trip that will visit several less-traveled areas in the Holy Cross, and I would like to connect upper West Cross Creek with upper East Lake Creek. I have found very little beta on this area, as it seems the 13ers in the area (Gold Dust, Pika, and Eagle) are more easily accessed from the west. The attached screen shot shows the pass that appears most likely to 'go'.

Has ...
Read more : Holy Cross Wilderness: West Cross Creek to Upper East Lake C | Views : 2326 | Replies : 0

no public access to Mount Bros ?

Sign at the Kite Lake says that one must stay on the trails to Mount Lincoln, Democrat and Bross otherwise one is trespassing and a sign a couple feet away says that trail to Mount Bross is closed - sign looks very recent - so is it indeed closed ? and will I indeed trespass if i dont climb Mount Democrat on the standard route?
Read more : no public access to Mount Bros ? | Views : 4350 | Replies : 3

Windom Peak - Hiking and Backpacking

Hello ,
I have a question regarding hiking mountains .
Me and some friends are thinking of hiking a mountain next year along with a few days of backpacking.
I have hiked mountain once years ago, and can't remember the name , but want to do it again. Getting older and want to do it while I can. Never done backpacking .
The other guys have never hiked a mountain but do a lot of ...
Read more : Windom Peak - Hiking and Backpacking | Views : 6045 | Replies : 8

Tabeguache conditions, anybody wanna go?

Anybody been up the Jennings Creek/West Ridge route lately? I'm looking for anything useful on conditions or how to best find the TH, which I understand is a little disguised. Also, if anybody is interested in a late week climb of that route, let me know. Full disclosure, I'm a flatlander and I'm not still in my 20s, so moderate pace at best.
Read more : Tabeguache conditions, anybody wanna go? | Views : 1918 | Replies : 0

Mt Bierstadt - 1st timer

Hello,

I am planning on attempting my first ascent up Mt Bierstadt. It is one of the easier of the 14ers. I have been doing research into the conditions I will face and the equipment typically needed. Is there any advice someone who is a regular to the area can give? What equipment would you advise? I believe the Western slope is the preferred route for beginners. Is this true? Thank you and any pointers ...
Read more : Mt Bierstadt - 1st timer | Views : 2661 | Replies : 1

San Juans conditions

Have a week-long 80-mile point to point hike planned starting at Pine River TH and ending at Purgatory Flats (and includes some off trail stuff in the Needles). Trip starts on 7/27. Of course when I planned this, I didn't expect legendary late season snow conditions/wet trails/avalanche damage!

Has anyone hiked in this area lately or climbed anything in the Windom Group over the past week or so? I hate to change my plans because ...
Read more : San Juans conditions | Views : 2436 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398