It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Missouri North Face

Is it possible to climb the couloirs on Missouri's north face this time of year? Or is avy danger too high? If so, when would be a good month?
Read more : Missouri North Face | Views : 1166 | Replies : 1

Bison Peak

Anyone been on Bison Peak in the past week or so? Just checking conditions. Thanks.
Read more : Bison Peak | Views : 1496 | Replies : 2

Quandary Conditions

Planning on climbing Quandary Peak tomorrow, anyone know the conditions are of the East Ridge? Are snowshoes necessary, we are bringing em, but some info would be sick. Thanks
Read more : Quandary Conditions | Views : 2659 | Replies : 5

Lost Ice Boots- Lincoln Falls- Reward!

Lost: Ice Climbing Boots & Gaiters
Where: Lincoln Falls/Hoosier Pass Ice Climbing Area- Parking lot near the gate
When: December 11th, Friday night- took equipment off and left it in parking lot
What: -Vasque-M-Impossible Ice boots- Red and Black, Size 11.5 (I think)
-OR- Gaiters- Black, Size L
Reward: $$ TBD $$
Please contact Jon Sullivan if you found these items:
cell: 303-718-3291 email: jonsullivan80@hotmail.com
Read more : Lost Ice Boots- Lincoln Falls- Reward! | Views : 1079 | Replies : 1

Fish Creek Falls conditions

I was wondering if any of you Steamboat folks have been out to the falls, is it in yet?
Read more : Fish Creek Falls conditions | Views : 902 | Replies : 0

Dirt bagging opportunities in Ouray, CO for the festival

A couple friends and I are planning to head up to Ouray for the Ice Climbing Festival in January. We're are new to the sport and are looking forward to learning as much as we can while in the company of some of the world's finest. As we are all college students, we're trying to do the trip in the most economical way possible. What are the best options for staying in Ouray on the ...
Read more : Dirt bagging opportunities in Ouray, CO for the festival | Views : 2025 | Replies : 7

Brainerd Lake Road Conditions

Planning on doing Audubon on Sunday, and I'm wondering if it would be worth biking the road between the winter closure gate and the lake. Has anyone been up the road recently? Passable by bike, or by foot?
Read more : Brainerd Lake Road Conditions | Views : 2282 | Replies : 3

Anyone have a garage I can use?

I realize this probably belongs in PnP but this is region-specific.

I need to do about 4 hours work on my car (depending on how long it takes for me to find the vacuum leak) and the idea of crawling under the hood in sub-zero conditions outdoors just isn't even imaginable. So I'm hoping that someone out there in the Denver metro/west area might have a space I can use for a bit.

Okay, so ...
Read more : Anyone have a garage I can use? | Views : 1549 | Replies : 9

Colorado Spring -- Forest Road 376: Winter Maintenance?

Hey gang,

Does Utilities or anyone else for that matter maintain (read: plow) FS 376 from Gold Camp Road to the gate in the winter?

For reference --

Forest Road 376
http://www.summitpost.org/route/165404/ ... d-376.html

Thanks for the input,

Sarah
Read more : Colorado Spring -- Forest Road 376: Winter Maintenance? | Views : 1235 | Replies : 1

Flatirons Ice: a mini-guide.

Tis the season. All this cold and snow means the some of the relatively rare east-facing ice climbs in the Flatirons are likely to form up soon. Here's a mini-guide: http://coloradomountainjournal.com/?p=394.
Read more : Flatirons Ice: a mini-guide. | Views : 1732 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395