It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

News News of Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Site map of Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast) » Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.

Mt Washington vs. Mt Katahdin

Hello everyone,

My husband and I hiked Mt Katahdin (Maine) last May via the Hunt Trail (out-and-back). It was a difficult hike for both of us due to the elevation gain and rock scrambling involved. However, it was also one of the most rewarding experiences, as well.

This May, we are headed to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. I am interested in hiking Mt Washington, but am wondering how the difficulty of Mt Washington ...
Read more : Mt Washington vs. Mt Katahdin | Views : 6440 | Replies : 3

New River Gorge National Park

There's a new national park in the Southeast!: New River Gorge National Park

Source

https://www.nps.gov/neri/index.htm
Read more : New River Gorge National Park | Views : 5096 | Replies : 1

Feb - Presidential Traverse

Hi All,

I've been reading about the presidential traverse and was wondering a few things about the trip. I hope one of you have the answer.

1. A friend of mine and myself are considering doing the traverse in the third week of Feb (15-20). Aiming for 3days/2nights. We have done mid-winter camping before but i hear the Presidentials are a different beast. Currently my friend's itinerary is tentative. Should he not show up, how ...
Read more : Feb - Presidential Traverse | Views : 6452 | Replies : 4

Trap Dike : Mt Colden conditions

Any hint on current ice conditions for Trap Dike? With slow winter beginning, would a ice protection be sufficient on need to bring rock pro as well. How is approach / trails? merci
Read more : Trap Dike : Mt Colden conditions | Views : 2063 | Replies : 0

Slide climbing for beginner

Hi guys,

is there any ideas for a slide climbing for beginner in the Adirondacks area. I have so far climbed macomb slide and colden's trap dike and new slide. thanks
Read more : Slide climbing for beginner | Views : 3333 | Replies : 1

Panther Gorge-Conjoined Slide & New Marcy 5.10a Route

June was a stellar month with 3 trips into Panther Gorge. Early June found us putting up an .11d top rope (Lioness Rampant), then guiding, and finally a short camping trip with the details here: https://www.summitpost.org/panther-gorge-the-conjoined-slide-on-haystack-and-climbing-cracks-of-my-tears-on-marcy/1039619

Enjoy and God Bless.
Read more : Panther Gorge-Conjoined Slide & New Marcy 5.10a Route | Views : 3004 | Replies : 1

Catskill Mts Conditions?

Hi all! I live up in the Adirondacks, but I'm wondering what the conditions are like in the Catskill Mts now in mid-April? Is there still snow on higher elevations? Or extremely muddy and flooding like there is this time of year up in the Adirondacks? I want to finish my Fire Tower Challenge and check out some other areas. Thanks.
Read more : Catskill Mts Conditions? | Views : 2862 | Replies : 1

Presidential Traverse Worries

Hey so my wife and I were going to attempt a winter hike of the presidential traverse..... However, now it seems that winter is not going to make it till April 25/26... so now we are worried where we are going to camp.. we originally wanted to just pitch a tent by the lake of the clouds ,but I don’t know if there will be enough snow to satisfy the “2 foot” rule. I hate ...
Read more : Presidential Traverse Worries | Views : 4821 | Replies : 2

Mt. Washington

Is anybody interested in climbing Mt. Washington sometime between Christmas and New Years Eve? I know it's short noticed, but my climbing partner is sick and can't make it.
Read more : Mt. Washington | Views : 3586 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136368