It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Accident in Wilder Kaiser

Hi folks,
I'd like to report an accident I was involved in in the Wilder Kaiser on July 25th.

A friend and I climbed the Predigtstuhl Nordkante (700 m, IV+), then descended the Botzong Kamin to the Botzong Kessel. From there we decided to climb the Predigtstuhl Mittelspitze via the Westschlucht (~250 m, IV+). We climbed 3 pitches, encountering loose/dangerous rock. After the 3rd pitch, which traversed around a corner and into a great gully ...
Read more : Accident in Wilder Kaiser | Views : 3161 | Replies : 3

Posters of climbing routes of Mont Blanc Posters of climbing routes of Mont Blanc

Since most of my photo assignments got cancelled due to a certain global event, I decided to take on a fun new project: drawing all the climbing routes on some high quality aerial photos of iconic faces of the Mont Blanc ranges. It will soon be a book, and in the meantime they are all available as fine art posters (about 16x23") at pretty affordable prices. You can also download HD versions of the files ...
Read more : Posters of climbing routes of Mont Blanc | Views : 5180 | Replies : 3

Monsters of the Wind IV+/V- UIAA 500 m. (Greece)

Monsters of the Wind IV+/V- UIAA 500 m. – First Ascent of the South-West Ridge of Mount Ortholithi

Ever since I started my outdoor adventures, and especially climbing, I was always excited to repeat famous climbing routes that were first ascended by legendary greek and not only climbers.
All these years, I have been on several mountain peaks and lakes, I have climbed traditional routes, I’ve pushed my limits in sport climbing, I trained in ...
Read more : Monsters of the Wind IV+/V- UIAA 500 m. (Greece) | Views : 2384 | Replies : 1

Slovenia Winter Recommendations (14-16th Feb)

I'm looking for suggestions of winter hikes / snow shoeing etc.

A friend and I are flying to Ljubljana on Thursday evening (13th). We then have 3 full days to spend exploring the mountains.

We both have winter skills experience from Scotland, so we're trained in using Ice Axes, Crampons, Winter navigation etc.

It looks like it hasn't snowed for a while but there might be some fresh snow falling on Thursday.

We're looking ...
Read more : Slovenia Winter Recommendations (14-16th Feb) | Views : 2385 | Replies : 1

Alps solo

Hi guys!

Im traveling around the alps next summer and been looking for some high tours to do solo, since I dont have any climbing partner and the guides I used before are expensive as... ( fill in whatever proper negative word that come to mind ).
I have experience before w alpineclimbing and ordinary rockclimbing. What ive read is that Mönch in the Jungfrauregion is doable on your own. Anyone here done it solo ...
Read more : Alps solo | Views : 7977 | Replies : 7

Finding someone who scaled Mont Blanc in 1986

I am a nearly 50 yo Frenchman who lost both legs to frostbite thirty years ago in Mont-Blanc, French Alps, back to 1989, thirty years ago. I currently live in Cherbourg, Normandy, not far from debarkation shores.

I would like to submit you a request to find someone: I have been on the summit of mont Blanc in the afternoon of 30th of August 1986. There was an American alpinist there, he hold me his ...
Read more : Finding someone who scaled Mont Blanc in 1986 | Views : 3022 | Replies : 1

Poland

Who here is from Poland? I'll be headed to Poland in a couple months and be staying there for several years as a minimum, would love to get networked in with some folks. I've been to the Tatras once and spent a lot of time in the Ukrainian Carpathians before.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Read more : Poland | Views : 6538 | Replies : 4

Mont Blanc 2019 - Questions & Advices

Hi!

We are planning to summit at the end of September. We have reservations at Tête Rousse hut.

I have some questions for those who summited this summer.

1. Are there any crevasses on the trail?
2. From what I could find on the internet, there is a required (by law) equipment list. The only item we are missing is a GPS/Altimeter. We don't own a GPS device because we've never needed it. Until now ...
Read more : Mont Blanc 2019 - Questions & Advices | Views : 3405 | Replies : 2

Elbrus, Kazbek and Damavand in one Month.. who joins me?

Hello Everyone,

my name is kagan, living in Germany.

I climbed two times over 7000 m and I plan next year Khan Tegri

That's why I want to spend a month in the mountains at the beginning of December until the beginning of January.

My Plan is:

Elbrus Russian
Kazbek Georgia
Damavand Iran
and maybe also Sabalan(iran)

I have good physical condition and all my required equipment. In Damavand I was myself in the winter ...
Read more : Elbrus, Kazbek and Damavand in one Month.. who joins me? | Views : 2217 | Replies : 0

Elbrus in October

Hi all !
I am new in the forum and new to mountaineering. Last year I climbed Kilimanjaro and since then I dream of higher mountains. Basicly, my only experience is Kili + a 3000m peak in winter conditions. Aconcagua is my next target and I plan to try it in February 2020, but before that I would like to make some training on Elbrus in October (I live in Europe).
Unfortunately, I can not ...
Read more : Elbrus in October | Views : 6439 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369