It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Iceland tips

Hi
Going to Iceland for a month in mid July to mid August. I have read the posts here about it but was just wondering if anyone had some specific tips on good places to do some mountaineering and maybe some hikes other than the famous ones.
Read more : Iceland tips | Views : 1529 | Replies : 4

Sicily and Etna

I'll be leaving for a two week vacation to Sicily (Cefalu on the north coast) in about a week. Does anybody know Etna conditions, rules and regulations? Moreover, though I have a guidebooks - which from this side of the vacation looks quite decent - does anybody have suggestions as to what else one can do? I'm not talking about culture - cities, churches, museums don't mean a thing to me - I'm interested in ...
Read more : Sicily and Etna | Views : 1036 | Replies : 1

Zermatt Hotels

Does anyone have recomendations for Hotels or Hostels in Zermatt?

I'll be there in August
I do not want to spend more than $70 per night.

Plus, has anyone taken the train from Geneva to Zermatt.
How is this?
How long does it take?
Is it easy to get around if you only speak english?

Thanks for your help
Read more : Zermatt Hotels | Views : 1844 | Replies : 4

Climbing guidebooks on Pyrenees and Ecrins

I would very much appreciate any bit of advise on the subject. With regards to Pyrenees, I guess "The Rock Climbs in the..." looks like the right choice but there probably are more, aren' they? As for the Ecrins, the book referenced on SP is about AD-D routes, where does one get info on harder lines?
Alexey
Read more : Climbing guidebooks on Pyrenees and Ecrins | Views : 1083 | Replies : 1

Some pictures in the sky from Mont-Blanc

Some pictures in the sky from Mont-Blanc , Jorasses, Droites, Courtes, Verte...
http://yannick.michelat.free.fr/MontblancAvion.htm
Read more : Some pictures in the sky from Mont-Blanc | Views : 712 | Replies : 0

Elbrus trip

Hi all,

I'm travelling on July 13 to the Caucasus for an eight day trip to climb Mt. Elbrus with Pilgrim Tours.

Anyone who wants to share his experience or has some handy tips? For example, can you use your cell phone?

Thanks,
Olaf
Read more : Elbrus trip | Views : 1702 | Replies : 2

Página

¡Muchas gracia!
¿He metido fotos en tu página? Cualquier cosa, es que todavía no me entero mucho y me pongo a toquetear por todas partes :lol:
Ya meteré rutas y demás y os tendré que consultar como hacerlo.
Read more : Página | Views : 462 | Replies : 1

Olymp Greece

Hi all!

Anyone familiar with famous Greek mountain? I am thinking about going there this weekend, so any information about weather conditions, snow depth and accomodation options would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Read more : Olymp Greece | Views : 2413 | Replies : 3

Página

¡Muy buenas! No sabéis cómo me he alegrado de encontrar este foro en español. Me cuesta un montón lo del inglés. Me encanta la montaña. Llevo 3 años subiendo montañas. Hemos subido el Mulhacém, el Teide, Almanzor y sobre todo tenemos muy pateada toda la sierra madrileña. Trataré de no perderos la pista. Una idea genial esta. :D
Read more : Página | Views : 585 | Replies : 2

From Dürrenhorn to Randa or to Bordierhütte (Nadelgrat)

Hello!

What is the most convienient way down from the Nadelgrat if I want to climb the Dürrenhorn as well?
What is the Riedgletscher like? I am going solo so I would prefer other route than the ones on the glaciers.

Any ideas? How have You finished Your Nadelgrat traverse starting from Mischabelhütte?

Thank You for help!

Samuli Mansikka
Helsinki, Finland
Read more : From Dürrenhorn to Randa or to Bordierhütte (Nadelgrat) | Views : 1565 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136400