It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Good 4000er Near Zermatt that's not too difficult

This May I'm going to be in Zermatt for a few days with some friends, and we would like to climb one of the 4000-meter peaks in the area. I've climbed several 14ers (14,000 foot peaks) in Colorado, but don't have much experience climbing in the Alps. It's been awhile since I've done a big winter climb with an ice axe, crampons, etc., so I was hoping to do one of the easier ones. From ...
Read more : Good 4000er Near Zermatt that's not too difficult | Views : 2262 | Replies : 8

to all the ones that have posted photos on Mont Blanc Group

A lot of pics are linked to my M.Blanc group page (438)
On SPv1 we could see, in each section, the 5 best pics ... now I would like, and have started, to gather them in some different albums related to the page and, better, to the sections of the page.
I'm waiting for new albums to be attached with your photos so that I (or directly you) can detach them from the main page ...
Read more : to all the ones that have posted photos on Mont Blanc Group | Views : 721 | Replies : 1

Heimgarten to Herzogstandhaus Traverse near Walchensee

Has anyone done this traverse in winter? Is it possible? What is avalanche danger along the grat? Thanks. Brad jason.b.nicholson@us.army.mil
Read more : Heimgarten to Herzogstandhaus Traverse near Walchensee | Views : 398 | Replies : 0

The new Alpine 4000er list, open for discussion

The 4000er list has been changed and from a data point of view finalized (just added all the missing summits from the UIAA extended list).

At the border summits I tried to supply the names of the peaks in both languages, at least at the major ones.

Before I finish the page also from the technical point of view, I would like to get some feedback, if people are happy with my selections.

Here my ...
Read more : The new Alpine 4000er list, open for discussion | Views : 2168 | Replies : 8

Partner in Chamonix

Looking for a partner to climb some routes up to AD, in the Mont Blanc Massif in March, if interested drop me a line, Cheers
Read more : Partner in Chamonix | Views : 727 | Replies : 0

This Weekend In Germany

Anyone interested in joining me on the Krottenkopf in the Estergebirge near Garmisch this weekend? let me know if you are interested!
Read more : This Weekend In Germany | Views : 783 | Replies : 0

SRB-CG-BIH-SLO-HR-MAK Team

Evo, otvaram ovaj "YU" chat da se malo rasteretimo od uobicajnog svakodnevnog SP engleskog, hehehe... i progovorimo nasim maternjim jezicima o svim mogucim temama kao i neophodnim informacijama, sto nas mogu interesovati...

:lol: Dobrodosli svi na zajednicko druzenje! :lol:

Pozdrav,
Vlado
Read more : SRB-CG-BIH-SLO-HR-MAK Team | Views : 93546 | Replies : 579

Climbing in Britain

Has anyone outside of Britain dared to venture into the wilds of this tiny collection of countries?
Read more : Climbing in Britain | Views : 2423 | Replies : 17

Chamonix February 23th - March 5th: Gr. Combin/Ht. Route etc

I plan to stay in/around Chamonix for skimounteneering from February 23th - March 5th
with a friend. Still have 2 places free in the car. Anyone who would like to do trips like
Ht. Route/Gr. Combin/Berner Oberland/Tacul could join. Please email to thxpg4@web.de
Read more : Chamonix February 23th - March 5th: Gr. Combin/Ht. Route etc | Views : 548 | Replies : 0

What's New in Europe

:!: Advertise what you have posted in Europe (otherwise it's here). Be short - 2 lines! Delete posts after 2 weeks!
Read more : What's New in Europe | Views : 310861 | Replies : 240

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394