It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Need help

Hi guys I need the help today was my first walking up the mountain or climbing “Pen y Fan”
There is no technical climbing on this one but I have been thinking about next trip “Glyder Fach”
Guys do you think someone like me with no experience but big heart and fit could do this one as the next one?
If you think this step is to big
What would you recommend?
Read more : Need help | Views : 4315 | Replies : 0

Trekking in the Supramonte, Sardegna-Sardinia

Hello there

I'll ask my question both in English and Italian, to reach a wider audience, since I am Italian living in Canada

I'll travel to Sardinia, Italy, in August, to the Supramonte area ( Dorgali, Cala Gonone)
There is mixed information on the Web about the duration of the mountain trek from Cala Fuili to Cala Luna.

The official distance from the trail head at Cala Fuili to Cala Luna is about 5 km ...
Read more : Trekking in the Supramonte, Sardegna-Sardinia | Views : 2069 | Replies : 0

Ushba Logistics

Hi All,

Just looking for a few more details about Ushba before we fly out to Georgia. If anyone can help to answer the questions below that would be great.

- Is there any phone signal on Ushba glacier? If so what carrier?

- What are the mountain rescue services like in that part of Georgia? How much insurance cover would be appropriate?

- Do we need any hammered aid gear for the couple of ...
Read more : Ushba Logistics | Views : 4476 | Replies : 1

Only one route to the summit is known? Only one route to the summit is known?

Am a writer. To illustrate my point by analogy, I need a name of a famous mountain where experienced climbers know of only one route to reach the summit -- where climbers would be foolish to try any other approach than the one tried and true.
Read more : Only one route to the summit is known? | Views : 3301 | Replies : 2

Planning multi-day hike in Stubai Alps, Austria

My family (2 adults,2 teenagers) are planning a multi-day hike in the Stubai Alps in mid Aug. We are reasonably experienced hikers (we did a multi-day trek in the Dolomites last year), but not experts by any means. We have developed a draft itinerary which is as follows:

Day 1:
- Park at Mutterbergalm and hike up to Dresdner Hut
- Hike from Dresdner Hut to Sulzenau Hut (spend night)

Day 2:
- Hike from ...
Read more : Planning multi-day hike in Stubai Alps, Austria | Views : 2274 | Replies : 0

Grossglockner this summer

Hey folks. Going to climb this one in late July and it looks straightforward, but the plethora of routes, huts, and different starting points are a bit overwhelming. Was planning to do it in a full day, so I'd probably be going for the shortest route, provided it's not rougher than AD+ or so/ harder than 5.4. Not going to have sleeping bag and air mattress for the night before, so that's a consideration. Could ...
Read more : Grossglockner this summer | Views : 2390 | Replies : 0

Dolomites in early June

My wife and I will be in northern Italy in early June and would like to do a one-night trip to a refugio. She isn't a big hiker, so I was thinking something like Monte Baldo where we could gain most of the elevation in a cable car. I know this is pretty early in the season, but any recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Connor
Read more : Dolomites in early June | Views : 8718 | Replies : 7

Tra Mare e Monti Nord

I am planning on walking this path in the last week or two of April. It looks like it is open year round and fairly straight forward long walk/hike. If anyone has done this I would be interested in knowing about some of the accommodations and backup plan.

1 - It looks like there are plenty of bad reviews about the gîtes d'étape, so I am inclined to pass them by and make for a ...
Read more : Tra Mare e Monti Nord | Views : 2934 | Replies : 1

via ferratas Berriel Canyon removed.

All but one of the via ferratas in Berriel Canyon, Gran Canaria have been removed. Any one know why?
Read more : via ferratas Berriel Canyon removed. | Views : 2965 | Replies : 0

Help me locate some old photographs in southeast Europe

Hello,

I'm writing to you on behalf of a private collector who found three boxes of old glassplate photographs on a flea market in England. After some painstaking research, I established that they were taken by a couple of English alpine plant-hunters who, over several years between the late 1920s-early 1930s, visited the regions of Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo and Bulgaria. Alpine regions visited include: Durmitor, Rumija, Rila, Rhodope, Ljuboten, Prenj, etc.

I am ...
Read more : Help me locate some old photographs in southeast Europe | Views : 2758 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369