It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Corno Grande main summit

I will be in Italy and want to tag Corno Grande. Just wondering if it's technical at all? The page mentions "one step II" but I have no idea what that means

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Read more : Corno Grande main summit | Views : 4600 | Replies : 2

Gear Advice Needed (Swiss Alps)

Hi friends:

Headed on an alpine climbing trip in Mid-Sept. in the Saas-Fee area with two partners. I have two specific questions.

First, do I need something as warm as Sportiva Nepal Cube GTX or Salewa Vultur Vertical GTX for 4000m peaks at that time of year, or can I get away with something a tad lighter, like the Salewa Raven 2?

Second, does anyone have advice about rope? I have a 30m Mammut Glacier ...
Read more : Gear Advice Needed (Swiss Alps) | Views : 3157 | Replies : 1

Alps June-July 2019

My son and I are headed for the Alps.

We will be flying into Milan Italy on 19 June and out Hamburg on 4 July, so it will be a pretty short trip (Americans have short holidays!).

We'll climb on our own part of the time, but may want guide for some climbs; unless we can find another partner or two.

Some areas we might want to visit are the areas around the Triglav, Dolomites, ...
Read more : Alps June-July 2019 | Views : 5316 | Replies : 5

Heading to Chamonix/Mont Blan - living out of my car

Hi all

I'm 25 years old and have some mountaineering experience, although not much, especially not in high altitudes. My five week vacation has started and I need to get to the mountains, can't stand sea level :D

Tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, I'll be driving to Chamonix by car. My plan is to spend a week there before attempting Mont Blanc. A week of ...
Read more : Heading to Chamonix/Mont Blan - living out of my car | Views : 4731 | Replies : 2

Alta Via II - possible in late September?

Does anyone have experience of doing Alta Via II in late September ? When do the huts close? If the huts close are there any other options?
Read more : Alta Via II - possible in late September? | Views : 6444 | Replies : 4

Mount Teide, Tenerife, Canary Islands

I will be on vacation in Tenerife in September and plan on hiking to the top of Mount Teide. I know only 200 people per day are allowed to hike to the summit and that you must obtain a permit. My question is, do people taking the cable car to La Rambleta get preference over those who hike the entire way? Any other tips would be most welcome.
Read more : Mount Teide, Tenerife, Canary Islands | Views : 5276 | Replies : 5

Jetboil/MSR fuel in Norway?

Are these available in Norway? Or something similar?

Read more : Jetboil/MSR fuel in Norway? | Views : 5208 | Replies : 1

hiking Via Spluga

I would like to ask a question about hiking the Via Spluga. I cannot seem to find any information about hiking the area from Chiavenna to Thusis.
Hike 1 chiavenna to Isola, bus back to chiavenna
Hike 2 Bus to Isola then hike to Splugen, bus back to Chiavenna
Hike 3 Bus to Thusis, walk to Andeer, visit Gola Della Viamala Gorge, then bus back to Chiavenna.

Most of the forums talk about hiking from ...
Read more : hiking Via Spluga | Views : 2355 | Replies : 0

Morgenhorn, Wyssi frau and Blüemlisalphorn

I bought this book 'Wildhorn/Wildstrubel blüemlisalp from Ueli Mosimann (SAC)(2011)
He states that the Morgenhorn from NorthWest is ZS (Ziemlich Schwierig = AD). But when I browse Summitpost:
https://www.summitpost.org/bl-emlisalp-group/150804
I see PD.

Same for Wyssi frau and Blüemlisalphorn.

Which is the correct grade? Why is there such a difference in those gradings?

Are there alot of dangerous crevasses in the morgenhorn glacier?
Read more : Morgenhorn, Wyssi frau and Blüemlisalphorn | Views : 2652 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293