It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Climbing and Hiking with my young daughter

I originally posted this on the wrong site, the partners site.

I am going to Switzerland July 15 to 25 with my 8 year old daughter. We are going to do some hiking and climbing. She is a pretty good climber; she has been climbing outdoor rock since age 3, is comfortable doing 5.8-5.9, can rappel solo, has experience in the Gunks and in the domes of Tuolumne Meadows. My original intent was to do ...
Read more : Climbing and Hiking with my young daughter | Views : 2529 | Replies : 0

Russian visa trouble?

Hi there,

Aiming for Elbrus next September (I have the first two weeks off). I was wondering how likely there will be significant delay or other issues getting Russian visas for US citizens? I am dual (Swiss as well) but would rather not have to get a Swiss passport unless it will be necessary to get the visa.

Anyone with relevant knowledge or educated guesses who would like to share their thoughts would be greatly ...
Read more : Russian visa trouble? | Views : 3030 | Replies : 1

GR11 Traverse of Spanish Pyrenees with dog

Hi there,

I'm planning on attempting the GR11 traverse of the pyrenees from the Spanish side this summer (approx start dates: 15-30 of June). The plan is to take my dog with me as my furry adventure partner. We go on multiple hikes on a weekly basis and have done various overnights. She can also carry her own food and water. So far I've planned to camp pretty much every night.

My question is: has ...
Read more : GR11 Traverse of Spanish Pyrenees with dog | Views : 2962 | Replies : 0

Alps on the cheap

I'm from the States, hoping to spend some time climbing in the Alps on the cheap. In most parts of the States (except the Wasatch and Front Range) and western Canada, I've had no trouble sleeping in my car at the trailheads before climbs, saving a night at a hut/hostel/hotel. Could I do that in the Alps, or would I quickly end up in a polite but stern Austrian jail awaiting deportation? What do people ...
Read more : Alps on the cheap | Views : 7228 | Replies : 8

Guides for Grossglockner and Mont Blanc

Hey everyone,

we are a group of actively fit young men who have been into the mountains for a while. Our biggest expedition was last year's Mt. Elbrus and we are now looking to go back into the thin air. We have been preparing to climb Grossglockner and Mont Blanc this August and right now are looking for guides on both mountains. We are not completely novice but some members could use some assistance from ...
Read more : Guides for Grossglockner and Mont Blanc | Views : 3441 | Replies : 1

Good solo summits in the alps

I'm a experienced hill walker and moderate climber with good winter experience in Scotland and im looking have a trip to the alps some time soon. I prefer to travel alone and am wondering if there are some safe peaks in the alps I could summit solo. By safe I mean minimal if any glacier travel.

Thanks Jordan.
Read more : Good solo summits in the alps | Views : 4368 | Replies : 2

Need Guide, Advice for Italian Alps - Trento Area

Can anyone tell me where to begin looking for an alpine guide for the TRENTO province of Italy?

Much of the Great War was fought in the Italian Alps in this area and I'm something of a WWI student. We would like to combine a few summits with World War I history and see some of the ruins atop mountains such as Corno di Cavento, Crozzon di Larres, and others.

Any advice on finding a ...
Read more : Need Guide, Advice for Italian Alps - Trento Area | Views : 2836 | Replies : 1

Vardousia Mountains Alpine Climb via Lion’s Couloir (Greece)

Vardousia is a mountain in northwestern Phocis and southwestern Phthiotis, Greece. Its highest peak, Korakas reaches 2,495 m (8,186 ft) above sea level, making it the second-tallest summit in Central Greece after Giona. It is a southern extension of the Pindus mountains. It is divided into three main parts: Northern Vardousia, whose highest peak is Sinani at 2,059 metres (6,755 feet), the very steep Western Vardousia, whose highest peak is Soufles at 2,300 metres (7,500 ...
Read more : Vardousia Mountains Alpine Climb via Lion’s Couloir (Greece) | Views : 2834 | Replies : 0

Winter Mountaineering climb on Nisi Peak (Greece)

Nisi is the first high peak of the Arête of Chelmos” route and the highest point is at 2.042 meters above sea level. It has a very steep ridgeline and there are 2 main ways in order to reach the peak. The first option is to hike up from Lake Doxa towards the “hunter’s col“. This is the same route that also leads to Mount Pentelia a.k.a. Dourdouvana and is a beautiful and relatively easy ...
Read more : Winter Mountaineering climb on Nisi Peak (Greece) | Views : 2860 | Replies : 0

I was talking guide about Mt Elbrus

I'm nervous about trying it. For one, it would cost $5,000 just for the guide, not including equipment, flight, insurance, etc. To go along with that, I've never been that high above sea level (except when flying which doesn't count). He said that if I can do Guadeloupe Peak then I can do Elbrus. I just don't want to do this mountain if I might not be able to. Advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, ...
Read more : I was talking guide about Mt Elbrus | Views : 5366 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136294