It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Small sized Camera

The time has come for a new camera, as mine just died. For the past few years I've been using a Canon PowerShot S400, a pathetic 4 mega pixel small camera. I liked that it was small enough to clip to my harness and take with me climbing or anywhere else. Photos were fine, but colors a bit unrealistic and landscape shots lacked detail. So, I'm for recommendations for an affordable small sized camera to ...
Read more : Small sized Camera | Views : 5647 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Gear

Team Forced to Leave Blinded Climber on Everest descent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88979.html

From the brief description, sounds like his mates did all they could. What a vivid contrast of being "bubbly" on the summit and incapacitated a very short time later.
Read more : Team Forced to Leave Blinded Climber on Everest descent | Views : 56890 | Replies : 215 | Forum : News

FS: Marmot CWM -40 sleeping bag

Just got back from Denali and realized I have no use for this sleeping bag anymore since I'm not going back to Denali again and since I live in California where the weather doesn't get very cold.

** Sleeping bag **
This is a -40 Marmot CWM Membrane bag that I purchased a month or two ago from REI (they no longer sell the -40 at this time of year, but REI still sells the ...
Read more : FS: Marmot CWM -40 sleeping bag | Views : 6551 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Gear for sale: OR Alti Mitts M's

I have OR Alti Mitts, Men's, size large, color red for sale. I originally bought them for my Everest North Col expedition, I brought them with me but never ended up using them since the weather was cooperative and it wasn't cold enough.

They are brand new, but with no tags. I will part with them for $120 shipped anywhere in the states. PM me if you're interested. I also posted them on geartrade, but ...
Read more : Gear for sale: OR Alti Mitts M's | Views : 1537 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

GPS - from toy to tool

Hello All -

Wanted to post my experience using a GPS with digital maps in the USA and last summer in Iceland.

My "out of the box" Garmin 60csx was a useful toy in that it showed that there was a highway some 50 miles away and that my truck was in that direction in relation to my present position. Against a beige background. Interesting, but not very helpful.

I then purchased the mapsource set ...
Read more : GPS - from toy to tool | Views : 1597 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technique and Training

inflatible pad is slippy

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem....?

When I use my inflatable pad, I inevitably wake up the next morning curled up on the bottom 1/4 of the pad. I find I sleep in a cat like fetal position, because my sleeping bag slides downhill on my slippery surface of the inflatable pad. Or in the middle of the night, I find my sleeping bag is moving all over the place.

My sleeping bad ...
Read more : inflatible pad is slippy | Views : 5026 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Gear

Heckmair-Line for Salewa 75

Just for tranlation purposes, their trying to climb Eiger-Nordwand; obviously with the original equipment of Andy Heckmair from Germany, Eiger-Pioneer....

Guys, I do not know if they actually trying to do this, but if they do so they should make their last wills....sad though! anyhow i think it's marketing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZ3-Hu5C8c
Read more : Heckmair-Line for Salewa 75 | Views : 1057 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Footwear for sale (mountaineering boots, hiking boots, etc)

Everything is used but not much:

Vasque Zephyr 2 Women's Hiking Boots, size 38 / 7.5USwomen. Muddy and hiked about 30 miles but in pretty good condition, asking $50

Vasque Radiator Men's Mountaineering Boots, size 40 / 7.5USmen. These were worn on a single trip before the owner decided they didn't fit. Asking $150

Lowa Civetta Men's plastic double boots, size 48 / 14USmen, used but in pretty much perfect condition. Asking $100 ...
Read more : Footwear for sale (mountaineering boots, hiking boots, etc) | Views : 7285 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

Mt. Hood Attempt - Experienced Mountaineer Wanted

Ok – I have a group of folks that will likely end up being 9 to 11 people in total, all beginner mountaineers. All of us are in great shape, and have various degrees of experience in things such as rock climbing or mountaineering but nobody in the group can be qualified as an expert or even intermediate mountaineer. I am really looking to find someone interested in coming along with the group to help ...
Read more : Mt. Hood Attempt - Experienced Mountaineer Wanted | Views : 19325 | Replies : 63 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293