It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Copenhagen Bombshell:Russia Accuses CRU of Data Manipulation

Source

On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data.

The IEA believes that Russian meteorological-station data did not substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory.

Analysts say Russian meteorological stations cover most of the country's territory, and that the Hadley Center had used data submitted by ...
Read more : Copenhagen Bombshell:Russia Accuses CRU of Data Manipulation | Views : 4909 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General

Spantiks - Anyone Has Home Baked the Inner Liners?

I was wondering if anyone has an experience thermo-molding the Sportiva liners at home? I wore the boots for the first time this weekend out of the box and while they fit awesome in the shop, I was not happy with the fit on the trails. I'm thinking the liners need to be baked. I would take it to the shop, but there are none with experience here in NYC. I have baked my snowboard ...
Read more : Spantiks - Anyone Has Home Baked the Inner Liners? | Views : 4498 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Gear

A Different Christmas Poem

Thanks for that squish.
Read more : A Different Christmas Poem | Views : 1127 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

The South Butt Gets Sued by the North Face

I like these guys already...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_odd_north_face_lawsuit

....too bad the gear giant will put them outta business with this suit, says I.
Read more : The South Butt Gets Sued by the North Face | Views : 5137 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General

FS: Vasque Super Alpinista Men's 11.5, Gregory Massif pack

Vasque Super Alpinista, Men's US 11.5, great condition, MSRP $375, $100 + shipping:

Gregory Massif backpack, M/L torso size, ~6400 cubic in. w/out removable back panel pouches (~7000 cubic inches w/both pouches), pack is in good condition (please ignore sun spots on images), a real load hauler, carries serious pounds in comfort, ready for a return trip to AK, $100 + shipping:

-some reviews:

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/gregory/massif/

http://www.outdoorreview.com/cat/outdoor-equipment/backpacking-camping-hiking/internal-frame-backpacks/gregory/PRD_77017_2957crx.aspx

Please email or PM me ...
Read more : FS: Vasque Super Alpinista Men's 11.5, Gregory Massif pack | Views : 1728 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

dislocated elbow... Help?

I dislocated my elbow in a freak accident (not climbing ironically enough) a little over a week ago. Had to be the worst pain I've felt, and recovery so far has sucked hardcore. My forearm feels totally screwed and it hurts to pick up a dinner plate... In another week I''ll have an mri so I'll know the extent of the damage, but the doctor told me I probably wouldn't be able to climb or ...
Read more : dislocated elbow... Help? | Views : 40208 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Technique and Training

CFA's anyone?

Anyone taking or taken the CFA's? What'd you think of it? Is it possible to pass any of the parts if you're wasting all your time on PnP?

It really sucks trying to buck down and study after 3 years of not doing anything remotely academic since college. I'd much rather argue about global warming with strangers on the internets...
Read more : CFA's anyone? | Views : 1958 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General

Oral Roberts

This dude died today.......

UP

or

Down

:?:
Read more : Oral Roberts | Views : 1595 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General

FS: Mountain Hardwear SubZero Jacket W/ Hood

Howdy,

I picked this jacket up earlier this year for a mountaineering trip to Bolivia. It worked great, but I just don't have any use for it now. It is a Black XL Mountain Hardwear SubZero Down Jacket with a removable hood. It is in very good quality. Feel free to ask any questions. Selling it for $130 + shipping. Retail is $275.

Read more : FS: Mountain Hardwear SubZero Jacket W/ Hood | Views : 2512 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398