Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:50 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Quick question re:hiking Coyote Buttes, Vermillion Cliffs

I was thinking of taking my mom to this area this weekend to hike. She is pretty fit for almost 60 years of age but she doesn't like to scramble - talus is hard on her knees, scree on any steep areas is out of the question because I'm concerned about her safety. Does the trek to The Wave have any of this along the way? I read it's about 2.5 miles but just wanted ...
Read more : Quick question re:hiking Coyote Buttes, Vermillion Cliffs | Views : 415 | Replies : 4

What is Spring Like Where You Live?

Probably more "off-route" than general climbing, but....

What is Spring weather like where you live? Is spring a nice time of year? I'll be moving in less than a year and I am really, really, really looking forward to leaving Flagstaff. I'm curious to know what places I might go to are like, and then just trying to remember a time when Spring was something to look forward to, and not a miserable season of ...
Read more : What is Spring Like Where You Live? | Views : 2682 | Replies : 31

Asgard Project Teaser

This clip is worth a couple minutes of your time:

https://www.posingproductions.com/video ... deo_id=172
Read more : Asgard Project Teaser | Views : 474 | Replies : 4

Beekeeping

Certainly.
Read more : Beekeeping | Views : 841 | Replies : 6

Teenage Climbers Looking For Sponsors

I'm an adult leader with Venture Crew 491, a high adventure branch of the Boy Scouts of America, and we have about 15 boys and girls between the ages of 14-20 that are involved in this outdoor recreation group. We have been canyoneering in Zion National Park, rock climbing and snow-shoeing in Yosemite, climbed Mt. Whitney, and more. The kids learn invaluable mountaineering and leadership skills, self-reliance and teamwork, and loads of self-confidence through these ...
Read more : Teenage Climbers Looking For Sponsors | Views : 3686 | Replies : 45

Wilderness Engrish...

Has anyone seen these sites:

www.hikercentral,com/parks
www.trailsgalore,com

They seem to be composed entirely of Engrish. Moreover, they are an absolute riot to read yet have absolutely no useful information whatsoever.
Read more : Wilderness Engrish... | Views : 1103 | Replies : 15

Creating pages

Hey all. I'm new at this page creating thing, just did my first one today. But what I can't figure out is if there is a way to take the photos from my storage files straight to the page. I don't want to have to add all of those to my profile if not necessary. Thanks for any info. Cheers!
Read more : Creating pages | Views : 383 | Replies : 1

Can someone tell me what mountain this is please

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs581.snc ... 9875_n.jpg
Can someone please tell me where this mountain is? .
Please let me know geobible at msn. com.
Very important
Read more : Can someone tell me what mountain this is please | Views : 1114 | Replies : 6

Is it safe to trek in Pakistan?

Hi all,

Im totally new on the forum and dont even know if I am posting in the right section but need a bit of advice.

I would love to go trekking in Pakistan this summer but I am not sure if it safe to do so considering the present situation across and along the border with Afghanistan. Can anyone provide me with any info, please

Thanks
girl
Read more : Is it safe to trek in Pakistan? | Views : 2531 | Replies : 17

Last Wishes and Being Left on the Mountain

In a nutshell, here are the questions that I'm pondering for a worst case 'what if' scenario. I'll rant some more about them below.

1. What are the legal ramifications for this, both for those left behind, and for the agencies that operate in the area?

2. Could this be done in the lower 48 states if it were contextually appropriate and specified a priori to family or a climbing partner?

3. How about just ...
Read more : Last Wishes and Being Left on the Mountain | Views : 4880 | Replies : 63

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 526305 • Total topics 32280 • Total members 103876

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.