Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:40 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Coolest thing to do in November- Worldwide?

It seems that November sucks, everywhere. Prove me wrong. Where in the world is there sweet climbing in November? Alpine, long routes, slogging, don't matter. Except maybe sport climbing. Like, reliable climbing. I know you can make most seasons work most places, but I'm talking about the best conditions. For instance, if someone's making their one big pilgrimage to Yosemite Valley, looking for the best conditions, they'll come in September and early October.

Prove me ...
Read more : Coolest thing to do in November- Worldwide? | Views : 1364 | Replies : 17

Can You 'Bored,' The Backside of a Bear?

Just for fun, low quality, hand held spur of the moment fun. Captures the spirit of it I think.

Read more : Can You 'Bored,' The Backside of a Bear? | Views : 1010 | Replies : 9

Earthquakes changing the hills

WOW, thats very impressive
Read more : Earthquakes changing the hills | Views : 282 | Replies : 0

How high could a climber get above 29,000 feet?

I'm using the rounded height of Everest!

But supposing the highest mountain on earth had been a lot more than that.

What height would it have to be to make it unclimbable?

Or would some sort of specially adapted "space suit" have been developed specifically for climbers to make the top section climbable.

Gonna have to make assumptions about the terrain at the top of such a mountain. i.e not a very difficult technical section.
Read more : How high could a climber get above 29,000 feet? | Views : 4046 | Replies : 33

Going AT:

Read more : Going AT: | Views : 790 | Replies : 13

Route deterioration

Hoping some of the seasoned climbers could help me out?

I'm curious if a route, on sandstone, could be weathered enough over the span of say, 10 years, to affect the original rating.
Read more : Route deterioration | Views : 621 | Replies : 7

What is the most remote place in your state?

Perhaps we all know that a bushwhacking mile can change peoples opinions on this topic. Given your opinion on the matter, what do YOU think it is?
Read more : What is the most remote place in your state? | Views : 35617 | Replies : 79

Seen this yet

Amazingly huge avalanche inside Chimbulac ski area

Read more : Seen this yet | Views : 944 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Total posts 516132 • Total topics 30831 • Total members 100895

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.