It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:06 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Mt Hood Snowcat Available

Have snowcat reserved 1am Monday May24th. 9 seats available split the 200$ fee.
Madcow58@sbcglobal.net
Read more : Mt Hood Snowcat Available | Views : 4785 | Replies : 16

highest paved highway in the world?

Google (and other sources) usually point to the Karakoram Highway as the highest highway in the world, with its highpoint being the Khunjerab Pass at around 4,700 meters. It's Wikipedia entry covers its ass by calling it the highest "international highway."

But the Tibet Friendship Highway runs through two passes claimed to be over 5,000 meters and long sections are at over 4,000 meters. The Friendship Highway is just about completely paved now, so it ...
Read more : highest paved highway in the world? | Views : 25175 | Replies : 28

PCT Boobytrapped

Hey...

It'll only get them prep'd/ready for when they hit the South end near the border and start to encounter them human coyotes.

Or, if they decide to head on over to Afghanistan and do some trekking.
Read more : PCT Boobytrapped | Views : 2620 | Replies : 10

Where do I start?

Hey guys,
I'm looking to get into some mountaineering, but I really don't know where to start. I have plenty of backpacking experience, but I'd like to get into some more technical stuff. The last thing I wanna do is start with the whole guided deal, however. I like to be as self-sufficient as possible, and I don't have the money for thousand dollar 'drag my ass up' ascents. But, I don't wanna be the ...
Read more : Where do I start? | Views : 4027 | Replies : 19

best climbing town for me?

I've finally landed a position where I will be able to work remotely. It's a given that I want to spend a month+ every summer on the E Side, but as much as I love Bishop I'm not ready to make the leap to living in a small town year-round. I realize this question has been asked repeatedly but adding a few addn'l criteria:

- Easy access to multi-pitch trad & preferably alpine routes. Tired ...
Read more : best climbing town for me? | Views : 42631 | Replies : 105

Cool/ interesting pics anyone??

Here's one...

Read more : Cool/ interesting pics anyone?? | Views : 2068 | Replies : 2

Whats the coolest thing you've ever found?

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists already, let me know if it does as I would love to read a few stories about it.

I've been curious what other people have found during their outdoor adventures that might be interesting. I spend a lot of time hiking in areas that are ripe with dinosaur finds and I always thought it would be awesome to come across a fossil or maybe a treasure ...
Read more : Whats the coolest thing you've ever found? | Views : 18630 | Replies : 90

Advice to a new climber

Hello All!

It has been some time since I posted, but I have an honest question to ask...

I spoke to a guy today, he was referred to me by a mutual friend that shared with him my previous climbing stories. He has never climbed before but thinks he might like to give Mt. Rainier a try as his first outing. I recommended that he start with something else, perhaps Mt. Washington in the winter ...
Read more : Advice to a new climber | Views : 28776 | Replies : 98

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557929 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136359