It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Introduction

Hey guys, apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section but couldn't find an appropriate one and this seems like it fits the bill.

I am a new member to this forum and just wanted to quick introduce myself. My name is Chris and am a nature and environment freak (well, in a good way).

I saw this forum and wanted to be a part of it. I hope to add value to ...
Read more : Introduction | Views : 1091 | Replies : 3

Where to go in the Rockies, overwhelmed by the possibilities

Hi guys,

we're trying to decide where to go for our 4 weeks summer trip to the Rockies.

Compared to our native Swiss Alps, the possibilities are just overwhelming. We'd be really grateful for some tips from you experienced Rockies' guys.

Here is what our ideal region would be like:

1. two to three classic mountaineering peaks close to one another, good for 2-3 day scrambles each
2. some granite climbing possibilities (multi-pitch) up to ...
Read more : Where to go in the Rockies, overwhelmed by the possibilities | Views : 5729 | Replies : 12

How much gear do you leave behind on a mountain?

Been following an amazing thread on UKclimbing.com about winter conditions in Snowdonia , Wales. I don't climb, but do walk the mountains, especially in winter, and the thread has given me really great and very up to date info about what to expect. Dan, (Nanuls), posted the link here in EUROPE some time again. Many thanks Dan.

One of a number of constant themes in the thread is climbers finding gear left behind by other ...
Read more : How much gear do you leave behind on a mountain? | Views : 11387 | Replies : 18

John Fantini

Anybody know where I can get a copy of this article on John Fantini.

Title: Fantini! (Feature)
Author: Will Steffen
Publication: Rock Issue 16 (01 Jan 1992). Page(s): 26-30.
Description: Profile of John Fantini including boxed climbing chronology; Mt Cook and Mt Tasman, the Southern Alps, New Zealand; the European Alps, France; the Dolomites, Italy; Yosemite Valley, USA; Bungonia Gorge; mountaineering, rockclimbing
Location: Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, USA, Kenya, Southern Alps, Western ...
Read more : John Fantini | Views : 3039 | Replies : 3

Marmots behaving badly

I just had a very strange dream about marmots behaving badly. However, they weren't doing anything in the dream that they wouldn't do in real life.

Rather than share my alternative reality, I thought I'd ask for your favorite marmot story.
Read more : Marmots behaving badly | Views : 8936 | Replies : 51

Best Job Opportunity ever!

Read more : Best Job Opportunity ever! | Views : 2586 | Replies : 9

The next demographic to join the ranks of Summitpost

http://projectbandaloop.org/demo-reel.html

Where has this been all my life?

It’s so technical… And yet… so elegant.

I just want to throw on a pair of hot pink tights, and take to the sky.

(I apologize in advance, if this has already been tossed around on this site, but this made me laugh).
Read more : The next demographic to join the ranks of Summitpost | Views : 3052 | Replies : 5

Starting a Guide Service

My brother and I are wanting to start a company in WA together that during the beginning would advertise single pitch rock climbing trips (Vantage Leavenworth Exit 38, etc), backpacking and snowshoe tours. I’m pretty new to the idea of small business in the outdoor industry... I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on their thoughts what they think a successful company would have. Also insurance seems to be a big issue. ...
Read more : Starting a Guide Service | Views : 12576 | Replies : 8

indoor rock wall supervisor advice

Just looking for advice:

I applied for an indoor rock wall supervisor position and don't have any experience in the field. Monday I have a follow up interview with the company's GM.

It's a small wall, 40' tall and probably 12-15 ropes and only open in the evenings and weekends. They currently offer a few classes but families and birthday parties appear to be the majority of their clientele. Anybody have advice or point me ...
Read more : indoor rock wall supervisor advice | Views : 2040 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293