It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

big mountain ideas

hi there guys , new to summitpost already liking the look of it so far. just looking for some help and ideas really.

so me and a couple of friends are looking to do another big mountain next year, so far weve done everest base camp, kilimanjaro, jungfrau and gran paradise which were all guided trips. We all have good fitness, moderate skill level and knowledge.

just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for ...
Read more : big mountain ideas | Views : 1932 | Replies : 1

Fourth Recess to Upper Mills Creek Lake

Hey Ya'll...

I am planning a trip out of Little lakes valley and wondering if anyone has made it over the pass between Upper Mills Creek Lake and the Fourth Recess? Trying to avoid camping down near Mono Creek.
Read more : Fourth Recess to Upper Mills Creek Lake | Views : 1892 | Replies : 1

Seeking family friendly hiking routes in Switzerland?

Hi everyone! I'm going to be in Switzerland (specifically in Crans-Montana) soon with my family and we are really excited to do some hiking and exploring. I did a search for route suggestions here but didn't find anything so I hope it's okay to start this thread?

We have kids ages 5-15 and they have moderate hiking experience, mostly basic mountain climbs, no gear required.

I'm hoping to get suggestions if anyone has any on ...
Read more : Seeking family friendly hiking routes in Switzerland? | Views : 1306 | Replies : 0

Belts made from retired climbing ropes

Climbing ropes are not biodegradable, so when they get thrown out, they end up sitting in a landfill for at least 30 years before they start to wash away. One way to prevent this problem is by making them into another good, which they actually lend themselves to due to their strength. I am trying to do this by starting a business that turns them into belts that actually look really cool, so if anyone ...
Read more : Belts made from retired climbing ropes | Views : 2694 | Replies : 2

Baggers Wiithout Borders (new website)

BwB 2021 International Peak-baggers' Tables published on new website

The 2021 BwB International Peak-baggers' Tables have been published on a new website at:

https://sites.google.com/view/baggerswithoutborders

The Tables have been expanded to include P-Top 100 - catering for those who climb the one hundred most prominent peaks in the world, in addition to P100m, P300m, P500m, P600m, P1000m, P1500m and P2000m.

There is now a BwB 'stable' of eight Tables, designed to provide a wide range of ...
Read more : Baggers Wiithout Borders (new website) | Views : 1712 | Replies : 0

Mt. Sill via Bishop Pass

Hello - Last summer my 15-year old son and I did Mt. Agassiz, which was a phenomenal entry into Summiting for my son. This year we are thinking about trying Mt. Sill from Bishop Pass so as to keep the technical difficulty to summit Sill to Class 2-3. I have read reports of how brutal the trekking/ bouldering is from Bishop Pass to Sill, so much so that I am a bit unsure of the ...
Read more : Mt. Sill via Bishop Pass | Views : 2238 | Replies : 2

Contacting SummitPost

When I select the email icon - I'm not on any social media - to contact SummitPost, it launches my email client but doesn't fill in the To: address. So there is no ...@summitpost.org to contact.

I wanted to ask to change my username to what I use in HammockForum.com and WestCoastPaddler.net. I joined SummitPost over a decade ago before the concept of consistency across platforms was a thing.

How do you contact an administrator ...
Read more : Contacting SummitPost | Views : 1475 | Replies : 1

Early Season Cascade Options

Hi all,
My climbing partners and I are looking at climbing somewhere in the Cascades in late May. That's earlier than we would ordinarily want to go, but due to the military commitments of one of our group members we're fairly constrained in terms of timeline. I'm looking for suggestions of good climbs in late May, in particular for this year (2022) given the snow load of this past winter. For reference, we're looking at ...
Read more : Early Season Cascade Options | Views : 2383 | Replies : 2

Shoes for Elbrus

Hey everyone,

A question for fellow mountaneer who's done Ararat..

I'm hoping to climb Ararat in Turkey later this year. Wondering if I would need proper double boots?
What is fit for purpose?

I do have spantiks, but they are not the easiest to lug around while traveling..

Many thanks,
Chami
Read more : Shoes for Elbrus | Views : 1335 | Replies : 0

Drytooling in Berlin

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an indoor drytooling club/gym in Berlin.
Does anyone know any? I couldn't find any info in google :(

Thank you,
Read more : Drytooling in Berlin | Views : 1418 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557888 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136291