It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:24 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Roll Call

So who's still around? Let's hear from you.

I miss all the SP old timers.
Read more : Roll Call | Views : 9153 | Replies : 17

MBPOST MBPOST

Sorry what happened to mbpost :?:
Read more : MBPOST | Views : 1780 | Replies : 0

Rainier (above Muir) open in July?

First post ever here. I had goals of summiting Rainier (July) and finishing up my Teton summits with the Middle and a South peaks this August. Given our current situation with Covid, what’s the likelihood that Rainier or the Tetons will be open for climbing this year? Anyone “in the know”?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Read more : Rainier (above Muir) open in July? | Views : 4613 | Replies : 5

Acute Mountain Sickness Research

Calling all MD and/or PhD climbing enthusiasts! The American Institute of Holistic Mountain Medicine is looking for researchers to join our team in designing methodologies, collecting and analyzing data involving natural approaches to addressing high altitude hypoxia and Acute Mountain Sickness. Please reply to this post or contact Gary @ yinyang_dr@yahoo.com if you have the above credentials and are interested in receiving more information. No solicitations please. Thanks for reading!
Read more : Acute Mountain Sickness Research | Views : 1787 | Replies : 0

Mt Morrison

Hi,
I'm considering doing NW Ridge of Mt Morrison, in Calfornia.
Has anyone done it?
thanks, Paul.
Read more : Mt Morrison | Views : 2862 | Replies : 3

Training for Mount Rainier Training for Mount Rainier

Hi! I am currently looking to take a class that involves training on Mount Baker on the Coleman Glacier with an ascent near the end up Rainier on the Kautz glacier. However, I would like to learn a little bit about conditioning. At the moment, I am trying to build up core. I have decent cardio, as I can run a half marathon in 2 hours, but my arms are weak. My leg strength is ...
Read more : Training for Mount Rainier | Views : 4232 | Replies : 4

recreation.gov

Once upon a time I obtained a wilderness permit from the internet site http://www.recreation.gov. Since then I regularly receive emails from this site encouraging me to go camping, hiking, rafting, climbing, etc. Does anybody besides me find it ironic that the government is promoting these activities on the one hand while simultaneously rationing the permits they require us to have on the other?
Read more : recreation.gov | Views : 2453 | Replies : 1

Rainier - Late Summer/early Fall 2020

Hi,

I am looking for the partner to do unguided climb to Mt Rainier. Currently, due to the Covid19, thinking of late summer/early fall time of 2020.
Message me if you want to join.

I am from Cincinnati, OH therefore will book something soon.

Thanks
Vanya Perstnov
Read more : Rainier - Late Summer/early Fall 2020 | Views : 2721 | Replies : 2

"Fake Names" for mountains

Below is the link to comments regarding naming mountains/peaks that do not have an official name. Curious to your thoughts.

https://www.summitpost.org/object_discu ... 114#506114
Read more : "Fake Names" for mountains | Views : 5972 | Replies : 3

Aconcagua Polish Glacier Question

Hello all,

I have a question about timing the Polish Glacier Direct Route on Aconcagua. I hope to be attempting it next year, but due to my schedule, I likely won't be able to do it in January... Would the weather & conditions be more favorable in December or February for this route? or is it just a roll of the dice?
Read more : Aconcagua Polish Glacier Question | Views : 2561 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557931 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136363