It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

I want to share an interesting information for you

I was wondering what would be the seven highest mountains on the seven largest islands?
Here is a list to start with
Greenland - Gunnbjorn Fjeld - 3693m
New Guinea - Cerstenzs (Puncak Jaya} - 5030m
Borneo - Kinabalu - 4101m
Madegascar - Maromokotro - 2876m
Baffin Island - Tete Blanche - 2156m
Sumatra - Kerinei - 3800m
Honshu - Fuji - 3776m
Would Mt Cook in New Zealand or Mt Teide on the Canary ...
Read more : I want to share an interesting information for you | Views : 2989 | Replies : 1

Mount Vinson

Is it possible to get to Mount Vinson for a summit expedition without needed to get a guide and pay fee's up to $45,000?
Read more : Mount Vinson | Views : 3402 | Replies : 2

Notice this rock on Casaval Rg. that looks like a face?

I didn't even notice it when I took the pictures, I was focusing on the clusters of rock fragments, but there is a rock up there along Casaval ridge Mount Shasta that resembles a human face. Has anyone besides me noticed this? Does it have a name?

$matches

shasta2.jpg

$matches
Read more : Notice this rock on Casaval Rg. that looks like a face? | Views : 2563 | Replies : 0

Fire Lookouts in United States

Didn't know there were still some Lookouts maned ...

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/15/74954703 ... ket-newtab
Read more : Fire Lookouts in United States | Views : 5966 | Replies : 8

Lost gear

Climbing w/ a group at French’s Dome on Sat Aug 24 & thru a series of mishaps my size 38 miuras and blue 70m mammut infinity rope in a blue and black bag were left there. Hoping that a fellow honest climber has them. Plz call or text 503-826-2098, reward + eternal gratitude + toprope hanging
Read more : Lost gear | Views : 3908 | Replies : 0

Missing Person: Grant Whitaker

Everyone this probably not the time nor place but my cousin Grant Whitaker was camping on or near Mt. Shasta and has been missing since Tuesday August 20, 2019. He's deaf. Tall, thin, white, Dark Curly hair and has a large legend of zelda triforce tattoo on his chest. Please for the love of God search for him while you climb. Please!!
Read more : Missing Person: Grant Whitaker | Views : 3309 | Replies : 0

Essential training for rock climbing with a fulltime job

I put together a post for all you people who have no time to climb and train during the week about systematic training for climbing.
Hope you like it!
https://mountainknowhow.com/essential-training-for-rock-climbing/
Read more : Essential training for rock climbing with a fulltime job | Views : 2493 | Replies : 0

Best portable toilet for camping?

I am searching for a portable toilet for camping. Do you have any name in mind? I was reading a review about the Porta Potti portable. I am looking for advice.
Just want to update this post that I have bought Porta Potti. I have read a few portable toilet-related reviews article like this https://bestflushingtoilet.org/best-por ... r-camping/ and most of the website top pick is Porta. So, I Just order ...
Read more : Best portable toilet for camping? | Views : 3156 | Replies : 1

Selling Mountain Equipment

Hi All,

I would like any suggestions where I can sell mountaineering equipment. I have Millet Everest Summit, Spantik boots, Harness, Down booties, altimits, crampons, glasses, mask and so much more. All nearly new. Millet Everest summit boots are new and with tags. Where can i post these items. Thank you in advance to those who reply. Raj.
Read more : Selling Mountain Equipment | Views : 2678 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557928 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136356