It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Find climbing partners in Mexico, Central America and Caribbean.

Orizaba & Izta - Search for guide/group/enthusiasts

Dear all,

so far, I have just spent a lot of time reading through SP - A great place to start gathering info!

BTW: If my post is not according to rules, please let me know!

Since I went up La Malinche in 2015, I'm dreaming about coming back to give some more Volcanoes in the area a go. My choice would be Popo, but for obvious reasons thats currently not possible. Therefore, I decided ...
Read more : Orizaba & Izta - Search for guide/group/enthusiasts | Views : 1481 | Replies : 1

Pico de Orizaba climbing partner

Looking for a climbing partner to summit Orizaba. Thinking about last week of December or in that vicinity. I know everyone has the family commitments during this time. Might be fun to partner with someone and climb and in the process learn. These climbing packages are way expensive.

Open to suggestions from people that have climbed without guides but with climbing partners.
Read more : Pico de Orizaba climbing partner | Views : 4551 | Replies : 1

Orizaba - guided or not? and other questions...

Planning to do a climb of Orizaba in November this year and trying to decide whether or not I need to hire a guide.

I have what I believe to be some pretty decent route-finding skills and most recently I self-guided up the SE Couloir route on Gannett so I have some experience route finding on mixed routes with glacier, rock and snow- though admittedly I am looking to gain more experience on larger glaciers. ...
Read more : Orizaba - guided or not? and other questions... | Views : 6453 | Replies : 2

Pico De Orizaba

Heading to Mexico the 2nd week of December or there a bouts. Would like to climb Nevado De Toluca, Itza, and Pico De Orizaba. Maybe throw in Malinche also, very flexible just need to get out and get high. Be great to team up with anyone already going or plan a trip with anyone interested. Live in San Diego and need to expand the pool of folks that are peakbaggers.

Tambien puedo hablar un poquito ...
Read more : Pico De Orizaba | Views : 9107 | Replies : 4

PICO DE ORIZABA LOGISTICS

Questions regarding Pico de Orizaba:

1. How technical is the labyrinth and the Jamapa Glacier?

2. Are ropes absolutely necessary?

3. Assuming no altitude problems, is Mt. Whitney (overnight 30 degree ice/snow chute summit w/o guide), Jebel Toubkal (30 degree snow field ascent), Kilimanjaro, Quoyoritty (in Peru), etc. sufficient experience?

4. How difficult is Orizaba? Is it relatively straightforward?

5. How risky is it to attempt Orizaba without a guide?

6. How cheap can the ...
Read more : PICO DE ORIZABA LOGISTICS | Views : 12319 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394