It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Pico de Orizaba trip and conditions Dec 18-23 Pico de Orizaba trip and conditions Dec 18-23

took a great trip to Orizaba with my father before Christmas. seemed like there was a lot less snow and ice on the mountain than there is normally, not going to complain. conditions were great and the place was not crowded at all (summit on a Tuesday).

watch the adventure in 4K and ENJOY! :) :o

https://youtu.be/l93_jdRdEto
Read more : Pico de Orizaba trip and conditions Dec 18-23 | Views : 5655 | Replies : 1

Ayoloco glacier, Mexico?

Is their a reliable water source near the Ayoloco hut?
Is the hut in halfway decent shape for sleeping in?
We'll need crampons, not just microspices, yes?
Can we rent a stove in Amecameca?

We're 6 people going down next week to climb Ixta by this route, and descend the normal route.
Thanks in advance!!
Read more : Ayoloco glacier, Mexico? | Views : 7716 | Replies : 5

Weather on iztaccihuatl

Hello,

My friends and I will be hiking iztaccihuatl in the middle of march for spring break, and we were wondering what the temperature on top of the mountain is during this time, and furthermore what sort of hiking gear will be necessary?

Thanks in advance.
Read more : Weather on iztaccihuatl | Views : 8290 | Replies : 2

Ixta and Orizaba - February 2016

HI,
Is anybody interested in climbing Mexican Volcano in Feb 2016?
Read more : Ixta and Orizaba - February 2016 | Views : 5576 | Replies : 1

Help us build two new climbing gyms in Chiapas, Mexico!

Hi all!! We have launced an indiegogo campaign to rebuild two new climbing gyms in Chiapas, Mexico as unfortunately we had to close due to high rent. However we have found a couple of rent-free places in Tuxtla Gutierrez and San Cristobal and we a prepared to build again! We are offering some great perks and prizes, such as a tshirts, stickers, climbing guides, your name or logo on our climbing wall, sponsored memberships for ...
Read more : Help us build two new climbing gyms in Chiapas, Mexico! | Views : 5947 | Replies : 1

Cerro Chirripó - Reservations

Has anyone recently went through the reservation process to climb Cerro Chirripó? I know it can be a nightmare but I'm getting some conflicting info. I also hear there is an in-country agency now that will get everything in place for a fee of course. I don't want to be stuck for 3 days waiting to get a permit. We'll have 12 days in Costa Rica the end of Dec. Thanks.
Read more : Cerro Chirripó - Reservations | Views : 7178 | Replies : 4

Costa Rica with kids

Hi

We're going to Costa Rica. Our children are 12 and 10 and we're a fit and active family.
In general looking for any other advice and cool tips for family adventures in Costa Rica.
Thinking of climbing Cerro Chirripo - is it a suitable climb for kids who have only previously climbed our British peaks, albeit quite a lot of them?
Where's the best place to stay in Tortuguero? And how long do you ...
Read more : Costa Rica with kids | Views : 7264 | Replies : 3

A mummified climber body found on Orizaba

An unidentified mummified climber found at 4,300 m el. on Orizaba. Must have died at least 50 years ago.
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estados/2 ... 81782.html
Read more : A mummified climber body found on Orizaba | Views : 6118 | Replies : 0

SAR Help Needed Near Tepoztlan, Mexico

A friend of mine named Hari Simran Khalsa got lost while hiking in the mountains outside of Tepoztlan, Mexico. His last contact was a text message sent at 3:30pm on 12/30. Search and rescue operations are underway but we are in need of additional trad climbers to join a coordinated effort taking place to search difficult-to-reach places near his last location. If anyone is able to help with the search (or you know anyone who ...
Read more : SAR Help Needed Near Tepoztlan, Mexico | Views : 6327 | Replies : 0

Climbing volcanoes- Central Mexico safe?

I'm planning a trip to Mt. Iztaccihuatl this November and want to find out how safe travel is now in the region. The plan is to drive from Mexico City to Amecameca, then to San Rafael to take the El Caracol trail. Have any of you been to Iztaccihuatl or Orizaba within the last year or so? If so did you have any trouble with crime or crooked authorities? Anyone had success with leaving a ...
Read more : Climbing volcanoes- Central Mexico safe? | Views : 8909 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398