It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Mid/late Feb Orizaba

What are the usuall conditions in mid/late Feb on Orizaba?, any travel info would be helpful. I might be going down Feb 17 for about a week, right now things are sketchy but anyone interested?
cheers
Read more : Mid/late Feb Orizaba | Views : 2174 | Replies : 5

Chichi route-Good folks

I just recently climbed the east face (El filo de Chichimeco route) via Cosco, Potreo Nuevo, ect, and thought it fitting to mention some very helpful folks to contact. Particularly Ivan, one of the few people who work at "La Cabana de Manolo". Thanks to both Ivan for his tireless accommodating and his family who freely gave their advice... and last minute maps, my friends and I enjoyed a very trouble free trip to the ...
Read more : Chichi route-Good folks | Views : 1313 | Replies : 0

MESSAGE BOARDS OF MEXICO

Here is a collection of Message boards of Mexico, including this board. Do any of you have a board that you would like to add?
http://www.bajasundog.com/Message.html
Read more : MESSAGE BOARDS OF MEXICO | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0

mid-March Orizaba conditions

Looking for any info on what the weather and galcier conditions (Jamapa) are historically like in mid-March. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

J
Read more : mid-March Orizaba conditions | Views : 2437 | Replies : 5

Orizaba Trip Jan 15-18

We are leaving from Colorado, USA to attempt the Jampa Glacier route on Jan 14. Our first possible summit attempt will be on Jan 16, with the 17th & 18th as backup days. If anybody has any route condition information to share as we close on those dates, that would be appreciated. It sounds like things were a bit dicey toward the end of Dec. Also if anybody is making an attempt those days and ...
Read more : Orizaba Trip Jan 15-18 | Views : 2909 | Replies : 6

Any Iztaccihuatl access restrictions?

Does anybody now if there are any restrictions on the Izta access because of the recent Popocatepetl activity?
Read more : Any Iztaccihuatl access restrictions? | Views : 4849 | Replies : 14

Re: Popocate'petl pics?

Hi Pearson

Here in Mexico exists CENAPRED, it stands for Centro Nacional de Prevención de Desastres which would be similar to FEMA in The States, I guess.

Cenapred's website has a page where every day a Popo's image is uploaded in order to see how is going Popo's activity.

You can find there how Popo looks like right now. Those images are far from good-quality ones but those who dont live here in Mexico City ...
Read more : Re: Popocate'petl pics? | Views : 1922 | Replies : 1

Saludos, busco a David Najera (ñoño)

Hola amigos de mexico busco al gran escalador y buen amigo David Najera, si alguien le conoce les agradecere la informacion Atentamente Emilio Garcia (alpinero)
emiliogarciacervantes@yahoo.com
Read more : Saludos, busco a David Najera (ñoño) | Views : 1493 | Replies : 0

Absolute minimal gear for Orizaba and Ixta

I will be traveling from Guatemala around Jan9-19 hopefully doing two volcanos in Western Guatemala (Tajumulco and Tacana) Then going to Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl. I will be carrying all my gear along the way and want to minimize weight while having everything I need to be safe. Can anyone who is used to fast and light ascents let me know what the minimum I might need for these two Volcanos might be assuming reasonably normal ...
Read more : Absolute minimal gear for Orizaba and Ixta | Views : 3987 | Replies : 6

Nevado de Colima trip in January

I've got an impromptu trip down to Puerto Vallarta for New Years.

I'm thinking of going up N. Colima since it is so close. Anyone else going to be around there? Any advice?

I'm not sure about the exact dates - possibly a New Years climb, if not then within the first 2 weeks of January.

Thanks,
G
Read more : Nevado de Colima trip in January | Views : 2008 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398