It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Pico De Orizaba Route Map

I recorded my Pico De Orizaba ruta normal climb a few weeks ago for anyone who wants to use it
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210 ... 8d1a&msa=0

Cheers!
Read more : Pico De Orizaba Route Map | Views : 7594 | Replies : 0

Isla Espíritu Santo's highpoint, accessible? (Baja)

Looks like I'm trading in the piolet for the paddle for awhile..
Hey, anybody have any info on hiking/hiking trails on Ilsa Espirtu Santo in Baja? Is hiking even allowed because it's a protected area?
Specially, is the island highpoint hike-able or even accessible ?
http://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=14775

There doesn't seem to be much of any information out there on the web..
I did find this, but it's not much help ...
Read more : Isla Espíritu Santo's highpoint, accessible? (Baja) | Views : 10220 | Replies : 2

Climbing Partner Needed: Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl April 2014

I know its a bit late in the season but I will be looking to climb Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl sometime in the first two weeks of April. I'm doing this as part of a longer road-trip so I have my own transportation which we can use. Looking to hire a guide and share the expenses for that.

A Note about myself: I am a 24yo beginner climber from India and the only 5k+ ascents I ...
Read more : Climbing Partner Needed: Orizaba and Iztaccihuatl April 2014 | Views : 8702 | Replies : 2

Orizaba partner(s) mid to late March 2014

Anyone interested or do you have room in your party?
Thanks!
Read more : Orizaba partner(s) mid to late March 2014 | Views : 10143 | Replies : 7

Izta: looking for an update

If anyone's been up Izta recently I'd appreciate any information regarding snow conditions. Does anyone know if the Altzomoni hut is open?

The last time I was there, it was necessary to get a permit from the park office in Amecameca, but I heard that it is no longer necessary, and payment can be made on the way to the Paso de Cortez. Can anyone confirm this is now the case?

Thanks!

Woodie
Read more : Izta: looking for an update | Views : 13634 | Replies : 14

Nevado de Colima in February

I am visiting some family near Lake Chapala in Jalisco state this February and while I am down there I would love to climb the dormant Nevado de Colima (not the more active Volcan de Fuego which I understand to be off-limits).

Looking around online I am hampered by not being Spanish-speaking but from the looks of it there are a few bi-lingual guide companies out there. I am sure I could solo this but ...
Read more : Nevado de Colima in February | Views : 8403 | Replies : 3

6 day trip to Caribbean or Mexico...what to climb?

Haven't had a vacation in a while, and am looking to go south (I've never been to the Caribbean or to Mexico from December 26th to December 31 (5 days). My GF wants to have a 'normal' vacation, with beach, reading, etc., and I'm ok with that a little, but would LOVE to climb something too!

Was thinking about:

Blue Mountain Peak - Tallest mountain in Jamaica
    Pico Duarte - Tallest mountain in DR, and ...
Read more : 6 day trip to Caribbean or Mexico...what to climb? | Views : 11069 | Replies : 9

Looking for climbing buddy on Iztaccihuatl in late december

Guys,

I'm heading down to mexico for the end of december/ beginning of january. I am going down with a crew of guys and was really wanting to make it to the top of iztaccihuatl. Unfortunately I couldn't convince my crew to join in on the action. That leaves me with the feat of having to climb the mountain solo. Although I don't doubt my ability to climb the mountain, i'd hate for something to ...
Read more : Looking for climbing buddy on Iztaccihuatl in late december | Views : 7011 | Replies : 0

Costa Rica - need ideas~!

Hi All,

I'm reaching out to my trusty summitposters again! Our family adventures have been fantastic because of the wonderful feedback I received in the past.

Here is the scenario:
2 teenagers in tow
limited funds
10 days

ecolodge suggestions? cool places not to miss? where can I find a decent map?

Thanks!!!
TL
Read more : Costa Rica - need ideas~! | Views : 20909 | Replies : 16

Mexico 2013

Hi Everyone,
Is anybody planning to do Mexican Volcanos in December. I am planning to do La Malinche, Izta and Orizaba in December.

Rocky
Read more : Mexico 2013 | Views : 9167 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293