It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

List of Benchmarks for Mexico

Where can one find a list of benchmarks in Mexico, along with lat/long -- say the equivalent of the PID files in the USA? I'm particularly interested in benchmarked peaks in the region lat 32 to 33, and longitude -115 to -116. Part of that region is in the USA, and I can find many benchmarks there... but south of the border is another issue entirely. By benchmark I mean a surveyed, know-to-be-pretty-accurate position on ...
Read more : List of Benchmarks for Mexico | Views : 7850 | Replies : 0

Cotopaxi

Need a recomendation for a guide service for Cotopaxi .... personal experience a plus :)
Read more : Cotopaxi | Views : 8270 | Replies : 1

Pico Duarte

Anyone with recent experience?
Read more : Pico Duarte | Views : 9248 | Replies : 2

Ixta Food/Logistics

For anyone who's climbed Ixta, are there decent markets in Amecameca to obtain last minute food or should we load up on Mountain House before we arrive in Mexico? Also is white gas relatively easy to find in the hardware or paint stores?
Read more : Ixta Food/Logistics | Views : 10878 | Replies : 5

Mexico Plans

So I'm interested in climbing Orizaba, Izta, Malinche and doing some cragging in El Potrero as well as checking out the ruins near Mexico City. The thing is I cannot afford tickets to fly. I know if can find people to share a ride with it will be much more affordable but I'm worried about driving and parking in parts of Mexico (especially Mexico City). I've traveled to Mexico a bit (Acapulco in college and ...
Read more : Mexico Plans | Views : 9695 | Replies : 3

Parka for Orizaba

Has anyone who climbed Orizaba in December needed a belay parka, or would a midweight down or synthetic do the trick? Something like an OR Chaos or MH Compressor.
Read more : Parka for Orizaba | Views : 9367 | Replies : 2

Private guide for Ecuador

I'm going to be in Ecuador at the end of January and will be needing a climbing partner to climb a couple of the higher peaks. I'll be doing my acclimatization myself and have most of the needed equipement. That being said, I won't have a partner for those peaks so am looking for a private guide that will simply be a partner for me; the bare basics.

But I can't quite seem to find ...
Read more : Private guide for Ecuador | Views : 7164 | Replies : 0

Hoping to jump on an Orizaba Trip

Is anyone planning on going down to Orizaba early December? If so I would love to go. I have experience in the mountains, though this will be my highest climb. I will be an Wilderness EMT and would love to tag along with another group. I'm from San Diego and am in shape (just got done with a thru-hike of the PCT this summer) and ready to climb.
Read more : Hoping to jump on an Orizaba Trip | Views : 10995 | Replies : 4

Guatemala's Volcan de Fuego Erupts

As some of you may know, the Volcan de Fuego (http://www.summitpost.org/volc-n-de-fuego/150356) near the City of Antigua, in Guatemala, erupted this week (September 13th, 2012). It was the biggest eruption since 1999, as it shot rocks up to 1,000 meters above and left a 2,000 ft. long lava flow. It looks like over 30,000 people were ordered to evacuate but many of them refused to do so.

Here are some more detailed links:

Read more : Guatemala's Volcan de Fuego Erupts | Views : 7292 | Replies : 0

gas canister Amecameca

I should know since I was just there in Dec, but I don't :oops:

Are gas canisters compatible with MSR, Primus, etc available in Amecameca/

Thanks,
JimS
Read more : gas canister Amecameca | Views : 9110 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398