It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:08 am

News News of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Beartooths shuttle ?

Anybody know of any shuttle service to be had from one rosebud to the other ?
Read more : Beartooths shuttle ? | Views : 7172 | Replies : 12

Wind River Snow Levels

What are the snow levels looking like this year? I'm planning a trip to climb Gannett Peak and the end of May might be the only chance I have to go.
Read more : Wind River Snow Levels | Views : 3526 | Replies : 3

2010 Going-to-the-Sun Highway/GNP Road Status Updates

2010 Going-to-the-Sun Highway Opening Date

Excerpts from The Daily Interlake March 23 edition:

Glacier National Park road crews are starting spring snow plowing, and Going-to-the-Sun Road will not open over Logan Pass any earlier than June 18 because of construction that requires two-lane closures.

Mountain snowpack in Glacier is below average this year, but park officials stress that is not a good indicator of conditions that plow crews may encounter over the next few months ...
Read more : 2010 Going-to-the-Sun Highway/GNP Road Status Updates | Views : 12813 | Replies : 20

Hyalite March 27 and 28

I wanted to post in the MontanaIce forums but I couldn't get a name registered. If anyone is interested, available, and willing to go climb some ice this upcoming weekend in Hyalite please send me a PM.

I am in Butte for the next several weeks for work and I brought a small assortment of passive rock gear, a couple screws, a rope, and my ice tools. I think this is the last weekend that ...
Read more : Hyalite March 27 and 28 | Views : 1327 | Replies : 1

East Ridge of Grand Teton

Anybody here climbed East Ridge of the Grand? I am planning to do it over this 4th of July weekend with three partners (two pairs of two). Wondering about how much snow gear I should take, any decent bivy spots on the way to the summit, things to watch out for, beta, etc. We are thinking to take two days car to car.

Thanks!
Read more : East Ridge of Grand Teton | Views : 2368 | Replies : 7

winter on the grand...

Hi i am looking to do a route on the Grand next week some time... Any suggestions...
if anyone has done anything up there lately id love to hear, that would be a big help to me... I guess that the Owen/spaulding might be the best. Or any beta on the Exum in winter would be sweet...
Also my climbing partner is a little flaky so if anyone is interested drop me a mail..
cheers
Read more : winter on the grand... | Views : 1336 | Replies : 0

Granite in May

Is there anyone with information on an early spring trip to Granite? Sould a ski approach be planned for? And is the road plowed by the power company? Any beta helps!!!!
Read more : Granite in May | Views : 2442 | Replies : 7

Montana Activities End of March / Early April

I am going to be working near Butte for a couple of weeks around the end of March and the early part of April and I am going to have weekends to myself. Any good skiing / ice climbing / anything I should look into while I am there?
Read more : Montana Activities End of March / Early April | Views : 2167 | Replies : 3

Best Teton Range guide book?

Heading out to the Tetons in June and hoping someone can recommend a good climbing/backpacking guide book....thanks!
Read more : Best Teton Range guide book? | Views : 5027 | Replies : 9

solo glacier NP backcountry

anyone have solo backcountry exp in GNP? Looking to go in july to gunsight pass trail/Sperry chalet and/or kintla lake to hole in wall/browns pass. possible iceberg lake, ptarmigan tunnel, etc.

looking for advice on getting to best BC campsites in park and as far as possible from crowds. did Kintla lake in 08 but not to HIW.
How difficult is it to leave vehicle at one trailhead and come out at another and get ...
Read more : solo glacier NP backcountry | Views : 5759 | Replies : 30

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136397