It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

News News of Oceania and Pacific Islands

Site map of Oceania and Pacific Islands » Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.

Mt Cook partner

Looking for partners for Mt Cook this coming season. I am flexible, can fly to Christchurch anytime Dec or Jan. Also can take recommendations if there are better websites to find partners for Southern alps.
Read more : Mt Cook partner | Views : 6023 | Replies : 2

Puncak Jaya / Carstensz Pyramid End of 2017

Hi climbers,

I am looking for people who would like to join an expedition to the highest mountain of Australia and Oceania (Puncak Jaya/Carstensz Pyramid). Time around DEC 2017.

If you think about making it to this mystic mountain, let me know.

I am from Europe, but destination is the important bit.

Michal Kroupa, kroupa.michal@gmail.com
Read more : Puncak Jaya / Carstensz Pyramid End of 2017 | Views : 4535 | Replies : 0

Mauna Loa

Hi,

The page on Mauna Loa's Observatory Trail says that most car rental companies prohibit driving on Saddle Road. I know this is now out of date and it has been paved.... but does anyone know the state of the road to the Mauna Loa Observatory? Can I drive a rental car up it? Trying to get a straight answer out of the rental car companies is hard!

If I can't can anyone suggest an ...
Read more : Mauna Loa | Views : 6948 | Replies : 6

How to quickly book great walk in New Zealand How to quickly book great walk in New Zealand

Hey friends,

Hope it is ok posting here (admins, feel free to delete this but hope you won't :) )

Yeah, New Zealand has been blessed with the most beautiful tracks in the world!! But if you don’t book places in advance, chances are… they are already taken.

Luckily, there are many cancellations, but how can you know about them as quickly as possible so that you ...
Read more : How to quickly book great walk in New Zealand | Views : 11383 | Replies : 13

Banff mountain film fest Selection - Australia in April

The Banff Mountain Film Festival is the most prestigious international film competition and an annual presentation of short films and documentaries about mountain culture, sports, and environment. It was launched in 1976 as The Banff Festival of Mountain Films by The Banff Centre and is held every October in Banff, Canada.

Approximately 375 films are entered into the film festival annually, and the top 80 films are selected by a pre-screening committee to be shown ...
Read more : Banff mountain film fest Selection - Australia in April | Views : 4511 | Replies : 0

Hawaii Big Island hiking

Dear All,

I will be on the big island for a few days in mid of July, and planning to do some hiking. Do any of you know if it is possible to climb to any of the peaks during the night to catch the sunrise? I did this on Mt. Fuji a few years ago and it was unforgettable...

Thanks,
Miklos
Read more : Hawaii Big Island hiking | Views : 10336 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293