It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:03 pm

News News of Oceania and Pacific Islands

Site map of Oceania and Pacific Islands » Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.

Major accident on Tibrogargan

If anyone needs assistance, with camping, acommodation, transport, whatever. please use the email address
Read more : Major accident on Tibrogargan | Views : 1822 | Replies : 1

Mt. Roy in August?

Does anybody know what kind of conditions that you can expect in hiking to the top of Mt. Roy in August? Is there a lot of snow? My fiancee and I are honeymooning in New Zealand around that time, and we were thinking of checking out the Wanaka area. I am mostly a hiker, and I have only a slight amount of snow climbing experience. Thanks.
Read more : Mt. Roy in August? | Views : 2120 | Replies : 2

New Zealand in March?

I'm looking for a great tramping experience in New Zealand during the second week of March. I have about 4 or 5 days time to do it and would love to see some gorgeous fjords, scenery etc. Does anyone have any routes they would suggest? Is anyone interested in going? If not, do you know a good tramping outfit over there?
Thanks!
Read more : New Zealand in March? | Views : 7522 | Replies : 14

New Australian Hiking/Climbing Website

Here is a new Australian website <a href=http://www.wildtiger.com.au/wiki/Main_Page>http://www.wildtiger.com.au/wiki/Main_Page</a>
Read more : New Australian Hiking/Climbing Website | Views : 2399 | Replies : 0

New kiwi page!

Hi all,

I've just returned from a fantastic holiday in NZ, and added a new New Zealand mountain: <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/mountains/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/6317">Roys Peak</a>! It's not a spectacularly icy glaciated peak, as I was only on a tramping holiday and not climbing. But it is a very nice panorama peak perfect for a quick and easy, but rewarding day-hike. Feel free to have a look and tell me what you think.

In the next few weeks I'll add ...
Read more : New kiwi page! | Views : 5177 | Replies : 14

Partner for Aspiring, NZ, around Feb 16-20

Hi

I'm looking for a partner to climb Mt Aspiring's NW ridge or something similar sometime between Feb 14 and Feb 22.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Joe
Read more : Partner for Aspiring, NZ, around Feb 16-20 | Views : 1883 | Replies : 1

NZ tramping

Hello!
I'm headed to the South Island for 2 months starting in February, and I'm looking for information about a couple of hikes around Mt. Aspiring. I've climbed Aspiring and done quite a lot of hiking on the South Island, and I can't wait to get back for more!

Does anybody have any information/suggestions for either the Lennox Pass or Cascade Saddle routes? Major river crossings, difficult route finding, technical sections, etc. I'm also interested ...
Read more : NZ tramping | Views : 2717 | Replies : 6

Poor Conditions on NZ Glaciers

After a very dry winter, the glaciers in New Zealand, particularly east of the Main Divide, are becoming difficult to pass. Conditions now in mid-December resemble February conditions during a normal season. The Linda Glacier route on Mount Cook was barely passable on December 11 and will be likely be done for the season very soon. Access from the Hooker is becoming similarly cut-off. Anyone planning a trip to NZ should keep this in mind. ...
Read more : Poor Conditions on NZ Glaciers | Views : 2137 | Replies : 3

NZ Alpine climbing -- Feb

I'm looking for partners for the S Alps in Feb. I have a lot
of experience from the Alps/Andes/Himalaya-Karakoram,
and would be interested in non-standard routes on peaks
like Cook, Tasman and Aspiring. However, given the usual
weather situation I'd settle for anything with a view. On that
note, can anyone advise whether February is still a goer
with regard to disintegrating glaciers ? I have some flexibility to be available in January as well/instead. ...
Read more : NZ Alpine climbing -- Feb | Views : 2119 | Replies : 2

Taiwan

Does anyone have any experience hiking and climbing in the mountains of Taiwan and is it worth it to go?
Read more : Taiwan | Views : 2633 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394