It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Mt hood climb South side - Seeking guide

Hi there,
I'm seeking a certified guide to lead a group of six up the south side of Mt Hood in June sometime. 4 of the 6 are intermediate/advanced experience and 2 are novice/beginners. We would like a guide to help balance out the experience of the group.
Does anyone here have recommendations for private certified guides that you had a good experience with? Or know of? I'm cold calling around as well but an ...
Read more : Mt hood climb South side - Seeking guide | Views : 769 | Replies : 0

Mt. Rainier Partner Request

I am looking for a partner to join me this Spring/Summer in climbing Mt. Rainier. Reply to this message and we can talk experience levels and dates. Thank you. My Instagram and Facebook is @wyatttannerhughes if you would like to look into me first.
Read more : Mt. Rainier Partner Request | Views : 729 | Replies : 0

Fire news in North Cascades?

Any one have a story to tell in these areas? Pictures if you were evacuated or whatever.
https://www.nps.gov/noca/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
Read more : Fire news in North Cascades? | Views : 3385 | Replies : 6

Whitehorse Peak

Any current route information on climbing Whitehorse Peak this year? Thanks.
Read more : Whitehorse Peak | Views : 1334 | Replies : 0

Table Mountain/ Artist Point

Snowshoe up to Artist point and a bit beyond to base of Table Mountain. Lots of fresh untracked snow showing up on stormed trees. Never get tired of this place. Why is this image so small? You can view it on the Table Mountain page.

Read more : Table Mountain/ Artist Point | Views : 629 | Replies : 0

Cascade Climbing, is it real??

Everyone talks about how the climbing and mountaineering in the Cascades is so great. I can't comment on it since I've been here for a few years and can't find ANYONE else who goes out and does anything more than cruise groomers or pull plastic at the gym. I feel duped.
Read more : Cascade Climbing, is it real?? | Views : 1790 | Replies : 2

sad news

So sorry for this kind of news... be careful? Risky times...

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... avalanche/
Read more : sad news | Views : 1222 | Replies : 0

Depot Creek Depot Creek

Has anyone been lately? I have traveled up there several times years ago, last time was probably a decade ago, not sure. I'm wondering if it still feels safe from legal entanglements crossing the border. There is no legal way to make the crossing into the US. But it is so remote and so heavily wooded that I never had any concerns back then, I found it impossible to imagine enforcement agents sitting for days ...
Read more : Depot Creek | Views : 905 | Replies : 0

Prusik Peak info

Finally got a permit for core Enchantments...amazing... I was in there after graduating from High School in 1971...no permits then. So, we want to climb Prusik Peak, west ridge, but I don't want to lug in more gear than I have to. What is the shortest rope for raps... or pitches we can take and make it work ?
Thanks
Norman
Read more : Prusik Peak info | Views : 2869 | Replies : 2

Climber Rescued from 12,200 ft on Mount Rainier

https://snowbrains.com/mount-rainier-cr ... 17-103740/ -- Climber rescued from 12,200ft on Mount Rainier, had fallen into 80 ft crevasse.
Read more : Climber Rescued from 12,200 ft on Mount Rainier | Views : 1394 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293