It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Glacier Peak, high pass to tenpeak lake

I can't find any reference online to a high route traverse connecting high pass to tenpeak lake. Is that just a crazy impossible traverse or... ?
Read more : Glacier Peak, high pass to tenpeak lake | Views : 2613 | Replies : 2

Progression

Looking for recommendations; after climbing Hood (South Side), all Three Sisters (Collier, Hayden and SE Ridge on Middle), Broken Top, Adams, Unicorn Peak, Shasta, Mt Washington, St Helens (once in winter), Mt Ellinor in winter, Three Fingered Jack, Thielsen and some more minor peaks and climbing at Smith Rock for nine months, what would be good peaks to do or climbing destinations to visit that would test my skills where I could safely and gradually ...
Read more : Progression | Views : 1316 | Replies : 1

I need friends I need friends

I need climbing friends. I'm a novice, I don't own gear, I've never even been on a wall. I just like to bushwhack up whatever mountains i can find at my local state park. I'm bored I guess. yea
Read more : I need friends | Views : 4744 | Replies : 4

New Washington sport climbing guidebook now available

I made some of the requested changes regarding areas under development, had fun talking about it on the Becoming Human podcast, shipped copies to all the backers and now the book (drum roll) is available to all while stocks last, so if you fancy checking an utter ton of moderate friendly info on sport crags here, near here, and worth taking a trip to over there, well snag your copy via…

letsrockwa dot wordpress dot ...
Read more : New Washington sport climbing guidebook now available | Views : 2211 | Replies : 0

Washington Fires are out...news flash...

Covid/Fires...2020.. a year to live through... anyone have first hand experiences with being up one of these trails this year?
Some one has stories to tell this year, post a couple of pictures and what's up? There must be Ptarmigan Traverse travelers affected now and many more trips cancelled or evacuated. Friends I hike/climb with finally got an Enchantment permit this year, well Colchuck Zone, but we gave up the permit for this coming week... ...
Read more : Washington Fires are out...news flash... | Views : 3412 | Replies : 0

Mt. Rainier Climb

Hey everyone,

Just wondered whether anyone knew any climbing company offering climbs to Mt. Rainier in early September? I appreciate it's late in the day and all of the ones I've checked are full already.

I'm also open to having a private guide or joining an existing expedition!

I'm from Chamonix in France and have quite extensive climbing / mountaineering experience :)

Cheers!
Read more : Mt. Rainier Climb | Views : 2946 | Replies : 3

Looking for climbing partners this week around Seattle

In town roughly through the end of August and would love to find some mountaineering partners. Hoping to summit some of the mountains in the cascades, including Rainier and Baker.

I'm in good shape and have done 14K summits before (including Mt Shasta last winter) but no glacier travel experience so hoping to find someone that can fill that knowledge gap. I'm always looking to push myself and learn something new.

I bring a positive ...
Read more : Looking for climbing partners this week around Seattle | Views : 1642 | Replies : 0

Baker from Table Mountain

Took a quick hike up to Table Mountain summit!!!! My only peak this year during Covid. Did it solo too.... Imagine that... from this photo I was wondering about anyone on or near the summit of Baker. Interesting day, great day out for me.
Read more : Baker from Table Mountain | Views : 1588 | Replies : 0

South or Middle Sister Labor Day weekend

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be climbing South or Middle Sister Labor Day weekend. If you are interested in coming, you are welcome to join. Otherwise, I'll just be solo, plus everyone else on the mountain of course!
Read more : South or Middle Sister Labor Day weekend | Views : 1673 | Replies : 0

Portland to Bend backcountry

Hi all

I am coming up to Portland to meet a friend who is traveling in her van. We want to either car camp / long day hike or one 2-3 day backpack. If you only had a week up there what would be her suggestions especially with easy permits etc.
Read more : Portland to Bend backcountry | Views : 2364 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557931 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136363