It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Portland to Bend backcountry

Hi all

I am coming up to Portland to meet a friend who is traveling in her van. We want to either car camp / long day hike or one 2-3 day backpack. If you only had a week up there what would be her suggestions especially with easy permits etc.
Read more : Portland to Bend backcountry | Views : 2364 | Replies : 0

Kulshan Cabin on Mt Baker

A new sp member stumbled on to the Kulshan Cabin page. He had a few pictures to add a little photo history to page.
https://www.summitpost.org/kulshan-cabin/778243
I am wondering if any one else has a comment to add and pictures?

Thanks
Read more : Kulshan Cabin on Mt Baker | Views : 1854 | Replies : 0

Not exactly Everest...

Some one is climbing out there...Corona or no Corona:

https://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/news/s ... unt-baker/
Read more : Not exactly Everest... | Views : 2476 | Replies : 1

Covid 19

Anyone in the mountains during our "isolation"?
Read more : Covid 19 | Views : 2875 | Replies : 2

Your Top Chelan Area Hike/Pack?

I'll be doing a paragliding comp in mid-July in Chelan. I want suggestions of the best 1-3 day routes that might get one up into the Cascades proper,not just in the dry hills surrounding Chelan.

If you could give me a list of your top 5 or so, with links, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

As of right now, Lyman Lake/Glacier is on the list.
Read more : Your Top Chelan Area Hike/Pack? | Views : 2681 | Replies : 1

Mount Rainier Spring 2020

I am planning on a Denali expedition and looking for partners for preparation. I am planning 3-4 Rainier climbs starting early April till late May. I am looking for experienced climbers with Avy 1 training, crevasse self rescue and winter mountain experience and rope team travel, there will be teams of 4 climbers per climb, we will practice all aspects of safe ans self rescue techniques on each climb. If you are also looking to ...
Read more : Mount Rainier Spring 2020 | Views : 2060 | Replies : 0

Tomyhoi Peak

ImageNick and I hiked into the Tarns below Yellow Aster Butte Sunday evening, getting to camp just before dark. Monday did the rest...up and down the ridge, summit about noon. No one else climbing, although quite a number of tents where we were. Maybe a few pictures later, great day up there. 9/1,2 2019
Read more : Tomyhoi Peak | Views : 3114 | Replies : 0

Mt Rainier

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone who is planning to climb mt. Rainier next year. I have never climbed it before but really want to do it and get to know everything i can when it comes to climbing mt. Rainier
Read more : Mt Rainier | Views : 6739 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369