It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Newberry access / Bend restaurants

Anyone know if all the roads are open at Newberry National Volcanic Monument, including the road to Paulina Peak? The USFS road link isn't working for me:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/c ... -acc.shtml

Also, any recommendations on places to eat dinner in Bend? :)
Read more : Newberry access / Bend restaurants | Views : 1757 | Replies : 1

fox in Rainer NP

Hey I saw this guy by the road on the drive up to Paradise. Does anyone know if this is a fox specific to the NW, or is it just an ordinary fox? Is it normal to see these guys out and about? Thanks.

Read more : fox in Rainer NP | Views : 4037 | Replies : 8

Conditions on Forbidden?

Anyone been up there in that last couple weeks?
Read more : Conditions on Forbidden? | Views : 1108 | Replies : 1

anyone for anything July 2,3,or 4

Anyone looking to get out or have a group that could entertain another person on the first weekend of July? Adams, Hood, etc standard route type of climb?
Read more : anyone for anything July 2,3,or 4 | Views : 3894 | Replies : 20

Virtual St. Helens

No need to actually climb Mt St. Helens. You can top out right here on the Internet.

http://www.fullscreen360.com/st-helens.htm
Read more : Virtual St. Helens | Views : 1377 | Replies : 2

Next Adventure Portland

Hey folks,

Any thoughts on the shop Next Adventure in Portland? Customer service, equipment selection, etc...

Thanks
Read more : Next Adventure Portland | Views : 2012 | Replies : 6

New Page Owner For Desolation Peak Page

Hey, everyone. I just adopted the SummitPost <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/151214/desolation-peak.html>page</a> for Desolation Peak, in the North Cascades. Surprisingly, the original page had a decent page score despite no photos by the original page owner, extremely vague and limited information about the mountain and its routes, and incorrect information.

I have made major changes to the page, and might continue to do so in the coming days. I hope to do this page some justice, as I ...
Read more : New Page Owner For Desolation Peak Page | Views : 1391 | Replies : 4

Good solo peaks/hikes in July.

I have an upcoming week long trip to the Seattle area. It looks like I may be alone, so my Rainier plans might be hosed.

Where should I go if I'm partner-less? What peaks are resonabke solos? I have no interest in glacier travel or technical climbing solo, but class 3/4 hiking and steep snow is great. I love scrambling, neve snow, big views, and remote places. Long approaches (multi-day climbs) are fine.

Mt. Adams ...
Read more : Good solo peaks/hikes in July. | Views : 6412 | Replies : 23

North Cascade Reports???

Any one on Baker (n rigdge) or other route, Forbidden, Shuksan this weekend??? or anywhere???
Yes I knew about the avy warning, just wondering what went on with the high pressure system.
Read more : North Cascade Reports??? | Views : 2310 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136400