It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Mt hood climb South side - Seeking guide

Hi there,
I'm seeking a certified guide to lead a group of six up the south side of Mt Hood in June sometime. 4 of the 6 are intermediate/advanced experience and 2 are novice/beginners. We would like a guide to help balance out the experience of the group.
Does anyone here have recommendations for private certified guides that you had a good experience with? Or know of? I'm cold calling around as well but an ...
Read more : Mt hood climb South side - Seeking guide | Views : 983 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Old documentary/fantasy about a climb in Scotland

Hi, has anyone seen this film? 1970s vintage, probably under 30 minutes.
A guy rides a motorcycle to the mountain. He does solo rock climbing, then some brief aiding under a roof.
He has a frog in his pocket that he picked up on the hike in.

Later, it's snowy and he's climbing on something like Ben Nevis.
Hikes down, hopes on his motorbike and drives away.
It's a fantasy of an idea day, but ...
Read more : Old documentary/fantasy about a climb in Scotland | Views : 1260 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

trip report: Mt Orizaba hike Feb 7 2024

This is nothing more than a thinly-disguised advertisement for a guide service.

It is really a crappy trip report, and could be fiction.
Read more : trip report: Mt Orizaba hike Feb 7 2024 | Views : 1178 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Grand Teton climbs: early summer 2024

Hi, I fully aware that weather is subject to change, but I`m planning a climbing trip to Grand Teton sometimes between end of June and mid-July. Generally speaking, and would like to get a feel of what we can expect generally:
- what type of routes would be good (ice, mixed, rock)?
- What type of weather should we expect (temperature wise, afternoon storms more frequent?)
- Are routes such as Black Ice Couloir, Owen ...
Read more : Grand Teton climbs: early summer 2024 | Views : 1134 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Ecuador mountaineering June-July 2024

Hi everyone,
me and my friend are going to be travelling to Ecuador this upcoming June in 2024 in hopes of summiting some volcanoes out there. We attempted Chimborazo last September and turned around at 6,015m due to improper acclimatization. We have been looking at the laws and are somewhat confused on whether there are any exceptions to climbing these glaciated peaks without a guide as we have all the gear necessary and have been ...
Read more : Ecuador mountaineering June-July 2024 | Views : 1773 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Mt. Elbert Colorado winter hike seeking partner

Hello, I'm looking for a hiking partner to join me on a winter hike (Feb. 2024) to summit Mt. Elbert.
If interested please message me so that we can correlate.

Thank you
Read more : Mt. Elbert Colorado winter hike seeking partner | Views : 2666 | Replies : 2 | Forum : US - Colorado

BP Doctor Med 14 Wearable Blood Pressure Smartwatch

A very good smart watch that combines sports and health monitoring. What attracts me most is its blood pressure monitoring function. It has an air bag strap that inflates and deflates when measuring blood pressure, similar to a traditional blood pressure monitor. There will also be a voice broadcast during measurement. Its diverse movement methods also meet my needs.
Read more : BP Doctor Med 14 Wearable Blood Pressure Smartwatch | Views : 851 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

2024--Gasherbrum II --Anyone going

Hello,

Any one going to Gasherbrum II June 2024?
Read more : 2024--Gasherbrum II --Anyone going | Views : 1224 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

SOLD - REDUCED PRICE Mountain Magazines, Incomplete Set

SOLD on 12 April, 2024

Hi, I am new to this forum, so I understand skepticism for new unknown people joining and then posting stuff to sell.

I am reducing the price. Asking $550 OBO including Shipping within the USA, Overseas customers Overseas shipping is paid by Buyer,
I have an Incomplete set of Mountain Magazines I am selling. This is the first of several climbing related items that I am going to sell. Here ...
Read more : SOLD - REDUCED PRICE Mountain Magazines, Incomplete Set | Views : 577 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Mt. Rainier Partner Request

I am looking to climb Mt. Rainier this Spring/Summer 2024. Reply to me here or social media @wyatttannerhughes if you are interested. Then we can talk skill levels and dates! Thank you.

Best,
Wyatt Hughes
Read more : Mt. Rainier Partner Request | Views : 2788 | Replies : 1 | Forum : US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136387