It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

REI Kilo Expedition -20

Anyone have this bag? Would it cut it on Denali in mid-late June?
Read more : REI Kilo Expedition -20 | Views : 2078 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Gear

Best (in your opinion) route up Mt Greylock?

Hey folks... just starting to get serious about my hiking and decided to highpoint New England over the next couple of years (Washington last, of course).

First goal is Greylock in the late spring unless conditions push it out a bit. In the opinion of the folks who know Greylock, what is the favorite route up? Distance or grade don't bother me, at least not on Greylock. I'm going to have to find a place ...

American Alpine Journals for sale

I am selling my collection of 12 AAJ's from 1997-2008.

$25 each or $250 for the set.

Also have the Accidents in North American Mountaineering for the same years.

$10 each or 100 for the set.

prices do not include shipping.
Read more : American Alpine Journals for sale | Views : 427 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Climbing Fuego and Acatenango.

If someone interesting in climbing Fuego and Acatenango volcanos in Guatemala any days from Feb.20 to 27 give me a buzz.
Read more : Climbing Fuego and Acatenango. | Views : 2854 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Millet Alpinist GTX

Hi

first post :)

Has anyone used the Millet Alpinist GTX boot? and how do they compare to the La Sportiva Nepal?

How comfortable are these for trekking and trails before hitting technical parts? and again how do they compare to the Nepal?

Many Thanks

Chris 8) :)
Read more : Millet Alpinist GTX | Views : 3969 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Gear

Kili Price Range

Hey guys,
just wondering what kind of price range is reasonable for Kili. Rainier Mountaineering is my only frame of reference and they're charging $5,500 for the safari and trek...seems steep. Are there equally reputable companies out there that offer it for a much lower price?
Read more : Kili Price Range | Views : 5249 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Africa

rock climbing Mendoza

Hello,
Stuck in Mendoza for 6days - any suggestions of a way to hook up or hire someone for a couple of days of rock-climbing. Many thanks. Daniel
Read more : rock climbing Mendoza | Views : 1750 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136294