It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Ecuador in June 2024

Hello everyone,

Me and my husband plan to travel to Ecuador and climb one of the peaks/volcanos above 5000 m. Due to the work schedule, we are considering flying there in Q2-Q3 2024 for 10-14 days. For him, it will be the first time above 3000 m, so I want to make sure it will be a positive experience :)

1) Did anyone climb Cayambe/Cotopaxi/Chimborazo in mid-June? ...
Read more : Ecuador in June 2024 | Views : 845 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

New Year's Day winter climb of Gannett Peak in Wyoming 1981

This site is too complex for this old man. I've tried for 2 days to post a comment to a question asking about a winter ascent of Gannett Peak in Wyoming. YES we did it on 1-1-1981. 7 of us hiked and skied in to Base camp at Dinwoody Glacier from the east via the Wind River Indian Reservation. On January 1, 1981, 6 of us made a successful climb to the summit and back ...
Read more : New Year's Day winter climb of Gannett Peak in Wyoming 1981 | Views : 1157 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Annual CMC Dinner with Reinhold Messner

The legendary Reinhold Messner has graciously agreed to be the guest speaker at the 2024 Annual CMC Dinner.

Details for the event are as follows:

Event: 81st CMC Annual Dinner, Featuring Reinhold Messner
Date: March 30th, 2024
Time: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM

https://www.chicagomountaineeringclub.org/event/5da19f00-99b8-449a-9aba-092d3ae78dc4
Read more : Annual CMC Dinner with Reinhold Messner | Views : 1869 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Add some new flavour from a SA perspective

Good day fellow mountaineers.

I searched but seemed not to find a greetings/introductions page on this forum, so i am posting here, if i am wrong, please show me the error of my ways.

I see there does not seem to be much on this forum from Southern Africa. I hope I can start to add some new flavour from a SA perspective. Looking forward to getting to know this forum better.

Most of my ...
Read more : Add some new flavour from a SA perspective | Views : 1296 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

Denali via West Buttress - 2024

Hello,
I'm looking to climb Denali in 2024 end of May - beginning of June, normal route for now
I know very well the field as I tried to summit before, but unsuccessful due to weather.
Please feel free to contact me if you need a partner or maybe just advise.
Cheers, climb safe,
Radu
Read more : Denali via West Buttress - 2024 | Views : 3570 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Canada & Alaska

Skiing in Germany 2025

Long range planning - really dreaming of getting into Bavaria for Jan - Feb 2025 winter skiing and possible easy summits. Anyone have good info or links to skiing/climbing around Garmisch?
I lived in Stuttgart 40 years ago (Army husband) and never got the chance to go to Bavaria. As a veteran (Marine Corps), I can get perks in hotels and rental car; seeking info on resorts and ascendable mountains in the area. Thanks!
Read more : Skiing in Germany 2025 | Views : 2623 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Gould to Dragon or reverse

Was planning on doing Gould with a friend and showed Dragon as the extension I’ll do next time and she was all for it. Apparently she has done some exposed easy climbs. I rock climb so I lose perspective on what people find scary sometimes but I showed her pictures. Anyhow a lot of the trip reports show people going up Dragon first but that looks like the better summit but going up Mt Gould ...
Read more : Gould to Dragon or reverse | Views : 2512 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Wisconsin DNR - Central Sand area, master plan

The Wisconsin DNR has released its draft master plan for the Central Sand area. This area includes Devil's Lake and Gibraltar Rock. The new master plan will determine the future of recreational activities, including climbing, on these lands. These plans are only reviewed every 15 years. This provides a rare window of opportunity for people to advocate for the reopening of climbing areas at Gibraltar Rock and at Devil’s Lake State Park (South Bluff/Devil's Nose ...

Add trip report

Well... I'd contribute more to SP if I knew what I was doing. I used to. Current goof.,, I just climbed Blue Lake Peak in the North Cascades. Its not a solo of El Cap I know, but why is this so confusing? No,why is SP more confusing than it use to be. Where the "add a trip report" to a mountain already on our site here? Anyway, I made a trip report, I can't ...
Read more : Add trip report | Views : 1030 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Help

Partner for Mont Blanc - June 2024

Hello
I am looking for a partner who want to share the cost to climb Mont Blanc with a guide in June 2024.
Read more : Partner for Mont Blanc - June 2024 | Views : 1314 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293