It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

November possibilities

Hoping to get another long day trip in the weekend of November 11. I was thinking Mount Gould or Dragon Peak if conditions stay good but after noticing camping isn’t open to book I’m wondering if the road will be open. What roads usually stay open a little later? I know the eastside pretty well and I’m flexible on trips just want to get out there hopefully somewhere south of bishop. Death Valley could be ...
Read more : November possibilities | Views : 1213 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Russian titanium ice screws

Russian titanium ice screws super light. Never used $35 each
Read more : Russian titanium ice screws | Views : 1045 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Climbing partner

Hello, I just moved to Naples, Italy and am looking of a climbing partner for rock climbing and mountaineering. newer to mountaineering but have/can get any gear I need. planning on making trips up to Switzerland and France quite frequently when in season. Eventually want to get up to doing some cool north faces. Again newer to mountaineering but I've been climbing for 12 years and have climbed up to 8c sport and 8B boulder. ...
Read more : Climbing partner | Views : 1361 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Summer 2024 Climbing Partner(s) for CA 14ers

Will be doing some CA 14ers this summer. Need someone to go with, any experience is fine. Message me on here, or on my phone 818-522-8701.
Read more : Summer 2024 Climbing Partner(s) for CA 14ers | Views : 2715 | Replies : 1 | Forum : US - California

printable maps gone?

Hi, having been absent for a long time due to injuries, I am today returning to this page finding it new and different. I used to print maps of a specific trail, but can't find my way around. Where can I print a detailed pdf trail map of a specific trail off this webpage? Or have we removed this feature? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Read more : printable maps gone? | Views : 1376 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

The Other Two Wilmans Spires & Comet Mine Ledge

East Wilmans Spire has a lot of info on the Std. Route but can't find info on the other two Wilmans spires. There is one photo of Bill Rowe climbing gulley just below comet mine ledge. I have probably failed 5-7 times trying to stand on the "Prow of a Ship" ledge that the Comet Mine Bunker & Outhouse & some Mine Cart Rails used to be. I have looked at climbing left like the ...
Read more : The Other Two Wilmans Spires & Comet Mine Ledge | Views : 651 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General

Osvaldo Cardellina pages on Summitpost

The SP member Antonio Giani informs that from September 1st 2023 all the Osvaldo Cardellina pages regarding Areas, Mountains and Routes have been transferred, after the necessary updates carried out by the same Antonio Giani, from his profile to the profile of Christian Cardellina, son of Osvaldo Cardellina. Antonio Giani will remain Admin for the necessary time.
Thanks for the attention.

Silvia Mazzani
Read more : Osvaldo Cardellina pages on Summitpost | Views : 652 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Confirm that this is the Whitefish Range from Whitefish Lake

This was taken in 1978 in the Flathead Valley. Flathead Lake residents say they don’t recognize it. I did not go north of Whitefish that trip so could this be Whitefish Lake. These do look similar to Big Mountain in structure and geology.

CDT trail and high route along James to Flora Peaks?

Hi everyone, I'm finishing a hike of the CDT, and would like to do this section as a set of day hikes (had enough of the heavy pack!). Would anyone like to do this, either together or by exchanging car keys from opposite directions? I think it would be an excellent 15 mile day on the ridge, and weather looks good the next days. I'm staying in Fraser and have a rental car. All the ...
Read more : CDT trail and high route along James to Flora Peaks? | Views : 2452 | Replies : 1 | Forum : US - Colorado

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293