It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Osvaldo Cardellina pages on Summitpost

The SP member Antonio Giani informs that from September 1st 2023 all the Osvaldo Cardellina pages regarding Areas, Mountains and Routes have been transferred, after the necessary updates carried out by the same Antonio Giani, from his profile to the profile of Christian Cardellina, son of Osvaldo Cardellina. Antonio Giani will remain Admin for the necessary time.
Thanks for the attention.

Silvia Mazzani
Read more : Osvaldo Cardellina pages on Summitpost | Views : 685 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Confirm that this is the Whitefish Range from Whitefish Lake

This was taken in 1978 in the Flathead Valley. Flathead Lake residents say they don’t recognize it. I did not go north of Whitefish that trip so could this be Whitefish Lake. These do look similar to Big Mountain in structure and geology.

CDT trail and high route along James to Flora Peaks?

Hi everyone, I'm finishing a hike of the CDT, and would like to do this section as a set of day hikes (had enough of the heavy pack!). Would anyone like to do this, either together or by exchanging car keys from opposite directions? I think it would be an excellent 15 mile day on the ridge, and weather looks good the next days. I'm staying in Fraser and have a rental car. All the ...
Read more : CDT trail and high route along James to Flora Peaks? | Views : 2484 | Replies : 1 | Forum : US - Colorado

Orizaba & Izta - Search for guide/group/enthusiasts

Dear all,

so far, I have just spent a lot of time reading through SP - A great place to start gathering info!

BTW: If my post is not according to rules, please let me know!

Since I went up La Malinche in 2015, I'm dreaming about coming back to give some more Volcanoes in the area a go. My choice would be Popo, but for obvious reasons thats currently not possible. Therefore, I decided ...

When is a Peak a Mountain

I had a look and couldn't find any discussion on this but I'm sure many have debated the various ideas.

But, when is a Peak a Mountain, and by this I mean when does a subordinate high point to a major mountain get recognition as its own standalone mountain.

There are a few aspects which need to be considered:
* Prominence
* Distance from Parent
* Separation by geographic feature, glacier, col etc

Good examples ...
Read more : When is a Peak a Mountain | Views : 1115 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Shepherd Pass Access/Conditions?

Does anybody have any information regarding the current access to and status of the Shepherd Pass trail post-Tropical Storm Hillary? I was planning on heading up there next week but from Inyo County Roads Department information it looks like the roads to the trailhead are closed. I haven't been able to get through to the Whitney Ranger Station/Eastern Sierra Visitor Center and at this point am assuming I will probably have to go to a ...
Read more : Shepherd Pass Access/Conditions? | Views : 2061 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Summer socks

REI seems to be pushing "Darn Tough" socks and Outdoor Gear Labs loves them. I was NOT impressed with their "Darn Tough Light Hiker Micro Crew" - the only one they rated highly for warm weather. I don't like it that the fabric is non-stretchy, and I don't find it cushion-ey. It just sort of sits there, dead, and not conforming to my foot.

Anyone else have a summer sock they like? Any recommendations would ...
Read more : Summer socks | Views : 2927 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

Off Topic Can't post issue

Hello! I have been trying to post for quite some time now but every time I am redirected to my profile. I have tried logging in and out multiple times, yet this is the only place I can post it seems. If any moderators could help, that would be great. Thanks and sorry for off-topic post here lol
Read more : Off Topic Can't post issue | Views : 3074 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Technique and Training

Mt. Antero , Shavano and Tabeguache

I am collecting Colorado 14ers , so far I have quite a few under my belt. Looking for fun , reliable hiking partner. I have a travel trailer and 4x 4 vehicle.
Read more : Mt. Antero , Shavano and Tabeguache | Views : 1196 | Replies : 0 | Forum : US - Colorado

Middle Palisade

Hello - Does anyone have beta on Middle Palisade, particularly whether any snow persists on the mountain given this year's high snowfall? I am planning on climbing Middle Pal via NE face in the next few weeks. Thanks!
Read more : Middle Palisade | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394