It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Scree slope suggestions?

I'm looking for some scree slopes for some research and was hoping for some recommendations.
Not inside a National Park or designated wilderness (not allowed to collect rocks from those locations).
Preferred locations: Bay area or Sierras from Sierra National Forest (North of Kings Canyon) to Tahoe Nat. Forest.
Within a few of miles of the road would be ideal, so it doesn't require an overnight trip to get to.
Read more : Scree slope suggestions? | Views : 242 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Mt hood climb South side - Seeking guide

Hi there,
I'm seeking a certified guide to lead a group of six up the south side of Mt Hood in June sometime. 4 of the 6 are intermediate/advanced experience and 2 are novice/beginners. We would like a guide to help balance out the experience of the group.
Does anyone here have recommendations for private certified guides that you had a good experience with? Or know of? I'm cold calling around as well but an ...
Read more : Mt hood climb South side - Seeking guide | Views : 769 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Grand Teton climbs: early summer 2024

Hi, I fully aware that weather is subject to change, but I`m planning a climbing trip to Grand Teton sometimes between end of June and mid-July. Generally speaking, and would like to get a feel of what we can expect generally:
- what type of routes would be good (ice, mixed, rock)?
- What type of weather should we expect (temperature wise, afternoon storms more frequent?)
- Are routes such as Black Ice Couloir, Owen ...
Read more : Grand Teton climbs: early summer 2024 | Views : 921 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Mt. Rainier Partner Request

I am looking for a partner to join me this Spring/Summer in climbing Mt. Rainier. Reply to this message and we can talk experience levels and dates. Thank you. My Instagram and Facebook is @wyatttannerhughes if you would like to look into me first.
Read more : Mt. Rainier Partner Request | Views : 729 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Favorite Winter Climbs in Wyoming?

It seems like most of this forum is dead, but maybe I will get some replies. Do you guys have some favorite winter climbs, preferably for ski mountaineering?
I am planning to hit Bighorn Peak since the slopes are pretty mellow. However, it seems most of the more iconic peaks in the state have more avalanche risk than I care for.
Read more : Favorite Winter Climbs in Wyoming? | Views : 1067 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Humpfrey and Wheeler in winter

Anybody have suggestions on hiking AZ and NM highpoints in winter ? I'm thinking on trying it in March 2024
Read more : Humpfrey and Wheeler in winter | Views : 1283 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Annual CMC Dinner with Reinhold Messner

The legendary Reinhold Messner has graciously agreed to be the guest speaker at the 2024 Annual CMC Dinner.

Details for the event are as follows:

Event: 81st CMC Annual Dinner, Featuring Reinhold Messner
Date: March 30th, 2024
Time: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM

https://www.chicagomountaineeringclub.org/event/5da19f00-99b8-449a-9aba-092d3ae78dc4
Read more : Annual CMC Dinner with Reinhold Messner | Views : 1866 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Gould to Dragon or reverse

Was planning on doing Gould with a friend and showed Dragon as the extension I’ll do next time and she was all for it. Apparently she has done some exposed easy climbs. I rock climb so I lose perspective on what people find scary sometimes but I showed her pictures. Anyhow a lot of the trip reports show people going up Dragon first but that looks like the better summit but going up Mt Gould ...
Read more : Gould to Dragon or reverse | Views : 2512 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Wisconsin DNR - Central Sand area, master plan

The Wisconsin DNR has released its draft master plan for the Central Sand area. This area includes Devil's Lake and Gibraltar Rock. The new master plan will determine the future of recreational activities, including climbing, on these lands. These plans are only reviewed every 15 years. This provides a rare window of opportunity for people to advocate for the reopening of climbing areas at Gibraltar Rock and at Devil’s Lake State Park (South Bluff/Devil's Nose ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293