It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

November possibilities

Hoping to get another long day trip in the weekend of November 11. I was thinking Mount Gould or Dragon Peak if conditions stay good but after noticing camping isn’t open to book I’m wondering if the road will be open. What roads usually stay open a little later? I know the eastside pretty well and I’m flexible on trips just want to get out there hopefully somewhere south of bishop. Death Valley could be ...
Read more : November possibilities | Views : 1236 | Replies : 7 | Forum : California

Confirm that this is the Whitefish Range from Whitefish Lake

This was taken in 1978 in the Flathead Valley. Flathead Lake residents say they don’t recognize it. I did not go north of Whitefish that trip so could this be Whitefish Lake. These do look similar to Big Mountain in structure and geology.

Shepherd Pass Access/Conditions?

Does anybody have any information regarding the current access to and status of the Shepherd Pass trail post-Tropical Storm Hillary? I was planning on heading up there next week but from Inyo County Roads Department information it looks like the roads to the trailhead are closed. I haven't been able to get through to the Whitney Ranger Station/Eastern Sierra Visitor Center and at this point am assuming I will probably have to go to a ...
Read more : Shepherd Pass Access/Conditions? | Views : 2045 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Middle Palisade

Hello - Does anyone have beta on Middle Palisade, particularly whether any snow persists on the mountain given this year's high snowfall? I am planning on climbing Middle Pal via NE face in the next few weeks. Thanks!
Read more : Middle Palisade | Views : 1014 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Climber.org -- zombie site or still maintained? Climber.org -- zombie site or still maintained?

Is anyone actually maintaining climber.org? In particular, checking the messages that come in via the contact form?

I don't know who owns the domain and/or website nowadays. The domain registrant is redacted, and in recent years it seems no one checks the inbox.

Over the years I've sent many updates and additions for the "Sierra Nevada showers" list. They used to be promptly acknowledged and added to the page, but my more recent updates have ...
Read more : Climber.org -- zombie site or still maintained? | Views : 2890 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Fire news in North Cascades?

Any one have a story to tell in these areas? Pictures if you were evacuated or whatever.
https://www.nps.gov/noca/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
Read more : Fire news in North Cascades? | Views : 3426 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Granite Peak conditions

I'll be attempting Granite Peak from the east the first week in August. Sounds like it's been a big snow year, so I would appreciate any beta on expected conditions by then.

Many thanks.
Read more : Granite Peak conditions | Views : 1748 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Permits, Permits & more Permits

This just in from Yosemite NP. Permits now required for multi-day rock climbs. What's next, permit for photography (wait - there already is a permit for photography - commercial anyway). When I was in grad school the saying was "Publish or Perish", ie publish or you are irrelevant. In the federal bureaucracy the saying is "Regulate or Perish".
Read more : Permits, Permits & more Permits | Views : 2234 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Hwy 108 open (finally)

CA Highway 108 is finally open over the Sonora Pass. :!:

https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/3122534/hwy-108-sonora-pass-reopened.html
Read more : Hwy 108 open (finally) | Views : 1435 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367