It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:17 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

The High Sierra - A Love Story

I have been reading a just published book by Kim Stanley Robinson, titled "The High Sierra - A Love Story" about his many years of climbing in the Sierra Nevada. Mr. Robinson is a prolific author best known for science fiction novels. While most sierra themed books describe the popular and accessible, Mr. Robinson writes about the obscure and inaccessible - locales that only people like us on SummitPost would recognize. Well written with quite ...
Read more : The High Sierra - A Love Story | Views : 1625 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Climber Rescued from 12,200 ft on Mount Rainier

https://snowbrains.com/mount-rainier-cr ... 17-103740/ -- Climber rescued from 12,200ft on Mount Rainier, had fallen into 80 ft crevasse.
Read more : Climber Rescued from 12,200 ft on Mount Rainier | Views : 1447 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Glacier Peak, high pass to tenpeak lake

I can't find any reference online to a high route traverse connecting high pass to tenpeak lake. Is that just a crazy impossible traverse or... ?
Read more : Glacier Peak, high pass to tenpeak lake | Views : 2606 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Montana Beartooth Range, Beaten Path - Key Swap?

Hello all - I'm planning on doing the Beaten Path with a small group over 4 days this June (6th to 9th, to be precise). We're planning on parking a car at each end if we have to, but I was hoping to find someone going around the same time who would be interested in a key swap at the halfway point to shave off ~3 hours of driving on the back end.

If so, ...
Read more : Montana Beartooth Range, Beaten Path - Key Swap? | Views : 1648 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Mt Washington vs. Mt Katahdin

Hello everyone,

My husband and I hiked Mt Katahdin (Maine) last May via the Hunt Trail (out-and-back). It was a difficult hike for both of us due to the elevation gain and rock scrambling involved. However, it was also one of the most rewarding experiences, as well.

This May, we are headed to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. I am interested in hiking Mt Washington, but am wondering how the difficulty of Mt Washington ...
Read more : Mt Washington vs. Mt Katahdin | Views : 6412 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Horton Lake

Does anyone know if the old miners cabin at Horton Lake is still standing?
Read more : Horton Lake | Views : 1643 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

Progression

Looking for recommendations; after climbing Hood (South Side), all Three Sisters (Collier, Hayden and SE Ridge on Middle), Broken Top, Adams, Unicorn Peak, Shasta, Mt Washington, St Helens (once in winter), Mt Ellinor in winter, Three Fingered Jack, Thielsen and some more minor peaks and climbing at Smith Rock for nine months, what would be good peaks to do or climbing destinations to visit that would test my skills where I could safely and gradually ...
Read more : Progression | Views : 1311 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Route opinions wanted: Palisade Basin and Chimney Pass

I'm curious on the feasibility of combining the 'Palisade Traverse' (Thunderbolt -> Sill) and Middle Palisade in a multi-night trip from South Lake. I was originally planning on doing M. Palisade and the Palisade Traverse in two separate expeditions from Glacier Lodge, but it looks like this might not be the best option. Hiking up both the south and north forks of Big Pine Creek consecutively seems like a lot!

My idea instead is to ...
Read more : Route opinions wanted: Palisade Basin and Chimney Pass | Views : 2241 | Replies : 3 | Forum : California

I need friends I need friends

I need climbing friends. I'm a novice, I don't own gear, I've never even been on a wall. I just like to bushwhack up whatever mountains i can find at my local state park. I'm bored I guess. yea
Read more : I need friends | Views : 4739 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557929 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136359