It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Cascade Mtn - Adirondacks

Has anyone done Cascade in the Adirondacks lately? I'm planning to head up that way this weekend but I can't find too much info on current trail conditions for that mountain. I talked to the people at the Loj, but they didn't have too much trail conditions to offer!

thanks in advance for any info!
Read more : Cascade Mtn - Adirondacks | Views : 1361 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

gros ventre vs. grand teton

I had an earlier post about hiking GNP, but now looks like plans may move south. have a buddy who wants to go to jackson hole in late july. Ive been to town, but never hiked backcountry. does anyone have comments about a week of backpacking/hiking in either the GV or Teton NP? both look good with TNP a little better to me. the ridge trail of about 40 miles sounds good (4-5 nights). we ...
Read more : gros ventre vs. grand teton | Views : 5102 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Flowers in Ventana Wilderness

I was thinking of heading down to the St. Lucia's within the next month or so. Any idea as to when and if the flowers (particularly in the burn areas) will be peaking? I'll probably head down to Junipero Serra/Memorial Park area.
Read more : Flowers in Ventana Wilderness | Views : 1122 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

2010 Midwest SP Gathering?

Has this ever been done? I've heard mention of a CA and CO gathering, but I wasn't sure if anything has ever taken place closer to my neck of the woods. From what I gather, there is a substantial number of serious climbers in the Midwest. We just happen to be less concentrated than they are in some of the climbing "capitals."
Read more : 2010 Midwest SP Gathering? | Views : 5027 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Need a Jumpstart - Trip Planning - AZ

In late April, my wife and I will be in Arizona for 4 to 5 days. We plan to hike and sightsee. The first couple days we need to be near to the Phoenix area. We will likely have the option to stay at a house in Mesa for the entire time, but are willing to stay elsewhere if it fits our plans better. Niether one of us has spent much time in AZ. I'm ...
Read more : Need a Jumpstart - Trip Planning - AZ | Views : 9735 | Replies : 47 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Saturday, March 27

Anyone up for something? I'm looking for a day trip within a couple hours of Denver. I know the next weather system is moving in, but it looks like it might move through by Saturday. The avi danger will be high, so this needs to be taken into consideration. I'm new to CO so I'm up for anything.

Send me an email if you're interested. jon.winkler@gmail.com
Read more : Saturday, March 27 | Views : 794 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Learning Mountain Climbing Basics...

Is there a course/program in May, in the Colorado area, that offers learning some of the basic skills needed in mountain climbing- namely working with crampons, crevice rescue, etc? June would work as well..

If not, I may also be in Oregon around that period of time.. any suggestions there?

Thank you!
Read more : Learning Mountain Climbing Basics... | Views : 1784 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Colorado

Snow pack at the top of the tram?

Just wondering if there is still plenty of snow up there? I was thinking about making a continuous descent of the East slopes of San J.
Read more : Snow pack at the top of the tram? | Views : 790 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

California National Forest Campfire Permit online

The California Campfire Permit has been a piece of paperwork that somewhat mystified me. Free but you'd need to visit a ranger station or fax them to get one.

Now you can obtain one by taking the "test" here:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passesp ... index.html

At the bottom of the page is this link to the permit:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passesp ... it2010.pdf

As far as I can tell, ...
Read more : California National Forest Campfire Permit online | Views : 26359 | Replies : 17 | Forum : California

Onion Valley Road Conditions

Anyone have info?
Read more : Onion Valley Road Conditions | Views : 4975 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367