It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

How much snow you got?

I'm heading to Denver/Colorado Springs from PA this Sat-Tues for a long weekend and looking to bag a few of the easier peaks while there. Can anyone provide any info on current conditions on Grays/Torrey, Mt Bierstadt and Pike's Peak. Is there a need for snow shoes? Also, any other recomendations for hiking in the area at this time of year? Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated!
Read more : How much snow you got? | Views : 990 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

Colorado Avalanche Information Center Benefit Bash

Anyone else going? I am planing to ski at Breck or maybe hike up in the Peak 10 area on Saturday & Sunday.

I booked a room at the Fireside Inn that sleeps 2 if someone wants the upper bunk for $40 for the night. Should be able to stumble back from the Bash.

http://friendsofcaic.org/2009/10/18/the-friends-of-caic-presents-the-2nd-annual-caic-benefit-bash-november-14th-2009-breckenridge-riverwalk-center/
Read more : Colorado Avalanche Information Center Benefit Bash | Views : 1363 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Colorado

Free avalanche awareness presentation

Saw this advertised at BC.net

"Rich Meyer, certified avalanche instructor, skiing and climbing guide will be presenting a free avalanche awareness slideshow at Clif Bar on Nov. 18th in Berkeley.

Come on out and learn to recognize some of the hazards of traveling in avalanche terrain. We will cover a lot of the basics, and give folks the tools to more confidently choose where and when to get out and ski in the backcountry. ...
Read more : Free avalanche awareness presentation | Views : 814 | Replies : 0 | Forum : California

Shasta Accident

I have often wondered how many weekend warriors can really self-arrest when needed. Good thing he did not hook his crampon, can you say "Rag Doll Cartwheel". Glad this ended somewhat ok for him.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20 ... -Mt-Shasta
Read more : Shasta Accident | Views : 4996 | Replies : 14 | Forum : California

2nd Ascent of 'The Michael Strausman Memorial Route' (.10c)?

Found this while lurking on The Taco Stand. Seems SP Parker, Doug Robinson and Andrew Soloman snagged this route a few weeks back. Nice work boys. Now I'm really excited to see this route first hand! Damn Chief!.....we waited too long. :x Join me and Kenn Kenaga next spring for this.....

RIP Mike.

2nd Ascent of MSMR
Read more : 2nd Ascent of 'The Michael Strausman Memorial Route' (.10c)? | Views : 1473 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Grand Canyon NP

Hi all. I'm thinking of going to the park for a week or so backpacking in mid December and was wondering if someone could suggest a good composite map of the area that I can buy online so I can decide on a route. Thank you.
Read more : Grand Canyon NP | Views : 4177 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Lundy Canyon Ice

How early does Lundy canyon ice typically come into shape? Is it worth checking out mid-November?
Read more : Lundy Canyon Ice | Views : 2678 | Replies : 9 | Forum : California

Cross Country Ski/Snow opportunities in WV.

New to the DC area and looking for a place to get away to x-country ski and or snowshoe. I am thinking WV may be the best bet. Does anyone have ideas about possible places and or best months climate-wise for snow. Thanks!

Snow Climbing/Conditions Late November

Is late November too early for general snow and snow couloir climbs in Colorado? Is the snow stable enough for climbing? I am planning to drive up to Colorado from Houston during the thanksgiving week. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Read more : Snow Climbing/Conditions Late November | Views : 3167 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Colorado

Wild Horses in Boundary Wilderness?!

Me and my partner were doing Boundary Peak (NV) earlier this summer and we came across a group of what we believed wild horses in the Boundary Peak Wilderness. It was at the upper end of the meadow you hike through at the beginnig of the Trail Canyon Route. It was group of 6 or 7 horses with one stallion, a foal and another pregnant horse. Unfortunately, my pictures came out blurry so I can't ...
Read more : Wild Horses in Boundary Wilderness?! | Views : 5922 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293