It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

2024--Gasherbrum II --Anyone going

Hello,

Any one going to Gasherbrum II June 2024?
Read more : 2024--Gasherbrum II --Anyone going | Views : 1233 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Ecuador in June 2024

Hello everyone,

Me and my husband plan to travel to Ecuador and climb one of the peaks/volcanos above 5000 m. Due to the work schedule, we are considering flying there in Q2-Q3 2024 for 10-14 days. For him, it will be the first time above 3000 m, so I want to make sure it will be a positive experience :)

1) Did anyone climb Cayambe/Cotopaxi/Chimborazo in mid-June? ...
Read more : Ecuador in June 2024 | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Skiing in Germany 2025

Long range planning - really dreaming of getting into Bavaria for Jan - Feb 2025 winter skiing and possible easy summits. Anyone have good info or links to skiing/climbing around Garmisch?
I lived in Stuttgart 40 years ago (Army husband) and never got the chance to go to Bavaria. As a veteran (Marine Corps), I can get perks in hotels and rental car; seeking info on resorts and ascendable mountains in the area. Thanks!
Read more : Skiing in Germany 2025 | Views : 2663 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Partners for Orizaba

Looking at a super soon trip for the end of March (3/16 to 4/1 is my window). I’ve mainly been active in the White Mtns in NH in full winter conditions this season. Confident with route finding. Planning to acclimate several days prior. I hope to go unguided but would prefer a partner or two for safety, etc.
Read more : Partners for Orizaba | Views : 2691 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Cordillera Huayhuash & Cordillera Real Traverse

Hi,

I want to do a circuit trek around the Cordillera Huayhuash, a circuit of Ausangate and the Cordillera Real Traverse from Illampu to Illmani. From least difficult to most difficult, what is the best sequence to do these in?

Thanks.
Read more : Cordillera Huayhuash & Cordillera Real Traverse | Views : 2848 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Aconcagua

Hey everyone, curious when the mountain closes can you still attempt a climb? I mean, once the rangers and search and rescue leave and everything closes can you still summit? Also I have a month before I plan to hike. What are some other good pre hikes around that area in either Chile or Argentina? Thanks a lot for your help and advice. I fly into Santiago on the 1 st of January. J.C.
Read more : Aconcagua | Views : 1500 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, now has Wi-Fi Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, now has Wi-Fi

Crazy but true. Going in October so I will check it out, I expected to have no communication to the outside world for a few days It will be interesting to see how well it works.
https://abc7.com/mount-kilimanjaro-africas-tallest-mountain-highest-peak-mt/12152713/
Read more : Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, now has Wi-Fi | Views : 4149 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Africa

Cordillera Blanca Peru

My son and I are headed to Huaraz, Peru, to do some trekking and climbing in the Cordillera Blanca. We have hired a guide service. Does anyone know what the tipping expectations are for the guide, the cook, the porter, and the donkey driver?
Read more : Cordillera Blanca Peru | Views : 523 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Mt Blanc Gouter route

Hi guys!

I´ve heard that the glacier above Gouter Hut has worsen / deteriorated making the route somewhat more difficult. Can anyone confirm and share some first hand reliable info?

Cheers / Henric
Read more : Mt Blanc Gouter route | Views : 2515 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395