It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

General things to know about refuges around Chamonix? General things to know about refuges around Chamonix?

(NOT Gouter)

Hello. Me and a few friends will go to Chamonix this summer. I have been there previously and slept in refuges, but then always with UCPA/a guide who have arranged everything, but this time we to things by our own.

I have gotten the tips to use Office de Haute Montagne for booking refuges, seeing as there can be a language barrier etc., or just difficult to get a hold of them (I've ...
Read more : General things to know about refuges around Chamonix? | Views : 1205 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Rysy summit and Avalanche risk Rysy summit and Avalanche risk

Hi all,
I am Sriram, I am planning to climb the Rysy summit at the end of May month. I would like to know about snow level and Avalanche risk in the month of May. Usually, people climb in the months of July to September but I planned to do it in May last.
Also, I am planning for a solo climb via the Poland side from Zakopane. I would like to have some advice ...
Read more : Rysy summit and Avalanche risk | Views : 998 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

TREKKING IN NEPAL 2022 or 2023

Is there anyone interested in trekking in Nepal in 2022 or 2023? I'm planning a three-month four-stage adventure in the Himalayas. The treks will be broken up into four parts: Langtang Region, Manaslu Region, Anapurna Region, and the Mustang Region. Schedules are negotiable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BgW7gdHGBI&t=190s
Read more : TREKKING IN NEPAL 2022 or 2023 | Views : 3116 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

partners chulu west 6400 april 2022

Hello,

I plan to go back to Nepal in April 2022 to do the Chulu West and I am looking for teammates for this project.
I am also open for any other 6000 project in april preferably trekking peak.
about my personal experience:
I did the dhaulagiri tour in 2018
I practice regularly speleogy and I am used to long distance races like trail and triathlon.
Read more : partners chulu west 6400 april 2022 | Views : 2231 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Asia

Baja California Almanac - availablity update

Hi folks,

FYI update on availability of the Baja California Almanac and the Baja California Peninsula Detailed Topographic Map (Fold-out, 2015 version):

"Landon died, and although he had completed (or nearly completed) the maps in early 2015 he did not get the chance to publish it.
I have posted a digital copy of the updated book and fold-out map here on the website for personal, non-commercial use. They are both flattened/rasterized.
There will not be ...
Read more : Baja California Almanac - availablity update | Views : 5676 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Spitsbergen

Hello,
I have added new mountain area - Hornsundtind. I think that's the northernmost area on SummitPost :mrgreen:

I cannot paste na URL, some bug?
There is no guidebook about this mountains so I've scrapped websites and used my own photos to edit maps. I have drew schematic topo of the routes, which where used by Polish Expeditions 1957-1960.
Enjoy!
Read more : Spitsbergen | Views : 2279 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Cordillera Blanca, Peru: Pisco, Alpamayo & Huascaran, summer

Hello all,

In late June of this year, I am planning to climb Pisco (for climatization), Alpamayo and Huascarán. I have contacted some guides and have figured out some details. If anybody is interested in joining, please either reply here or send me a private message.

Cheers.
Read more : Cordillera Blanca, Peru: Pisco, Alpamayo & Huascaran, summer | Views : 3053 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

A FREE Climbing Guidebook of Profitis Elias Argolis (GREECE)

The rock climbing around Argolis region is all on excellent solid grey limestone. The majority of the routes are single pitch sport climbing routes, though there are some trad climbing routes as well. The Argolis area claims to receive over 3,000 hours of sunshine per year and is a popular holiday destination. It also means that it is possible to rock climb virtually all year round in the Argolis region.

Established Routes & Projects ...
Read more : A FREE Climbing Guidebook of Profitis Elias Argolis (GREECE) | Views : 1862 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

New English topo"Climbing in the Calanques" - south France

Hi there,

Here is a new guidebook in English concerning the great Calanques mountain range in south of France.

This comprehensive guidebook presents all the routes (single pitches, multipitches, bolted or trad, aid climbing) in this amazing limestone mountain range touching the Mediterranean sea. The 616 pages present each crag with photo topos and all the information needed (heights, access, orientation, GPS position, gear).
At the moment the book is available on the internet from ...
Read more : New English topo"Climbing in the Calanques" - south France | Views : 1543 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

The Long Run IV+/V- UIAA 900 m. | Ortholithi (Greece)

General route information

The Long Run” (IV+/V-, 900 m.) first ascent was most probably in 2001 by legendary climbers Jim Titt and Hans Weninger. The route follows the south-eastern ridge of Mount Ortholithi, offering an atmospheric climb overlooking the Saronic Gulf and Ermionida. The route can be described as an “adventure route” with great potential for free route selection and does not present any real climbing difficulties, with the exception of several parts of loose ...
Read more : The Long Run IV+/V- UIAA 900 m. | Ortholithi (Greece) | Views : 1371 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557888 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136291